The VIAVI T1/E1 (RJ45/48C & Bantam connectors) LIM (J6815B), E1/T1 (RJ45/48C & DB9 connectors) LIM (J6816B) and E1 (75 Ohm BNC connectors) LIM (J6817B) help network professionals isolate and resolve network problems quickly. They can be used with the Protocol Analysis Probe - DNA (J6801B), the Protocol Analysis Probe - DNA MX (J6802B) and the Protocol Analysis Probe - DNA PRO (J6803B) platforms.
Note: Generation at the first software release is limited to through-mode repeater functionality. Other generation functionality will be available in subsequent software releases.
- Hot-swappable – the LIM can be removed safely while an application is running and another LIM inserted in its place. The current application terminates and the user can launch another suitable application for the new LIM without having to power down and restart the analyzer.
- The J6815B LIM can be configured to operate with T1 (1.5 Mb/s) or E1 (2Mb/s) line rate with the DS1 or E1 framing, respectively, at RJ-45, RJ-48C or DB-9 interfaces.
- The J6816B LIM can be configured to operate at the E1 (2 MB/s) or T1 (1.5 Mb/s) line rate with E1 and DS1 framing, respectively, at RJ-45, RJ-48C or DB-9 interfaces.
- The J6817B LIM is configured to operate at the E1 (2 Mb/s) line rate with E1 framing at 75 Ohm BNC interfaces.
Common features to all three LIMS:
- Two receivers to provide bi-directional monitoring capability
- Two electrical outputs
- Analysis at all layers of ATM, Frame Relay, HDLC/SDLC and PPP traffic
- Full rate cell mode and frame mode ATM generation and ATM Ping
- Auto-discovery of the VPI-VCIs of up to 4096 ATM virtual channels
- Real-time simultaneous AAL-2 and AAL-5 reassembly on up to 4096 virtual channels
- Hardware filters for capture and analysis based on VPI-VCI (other hardware filtering is provided in the related internal data acquisition system of the analyzer platform)
- Delivery of frames and/or cells to the related internal data acquisition system in the analyzer for full rate capture and analysis
- Real-time line status and statistics
- ATM Policing, Traffic Contract Estimation and 1-point CDV on multiple virtual circuits simultaneously
- Electrical pulse amplitude measurements on each receiver