QATS Signalling is a product developed purely for the monitoring and troubleshooting of ERTMS and interlocking. It detects and analyzes malfunctions affecting railway operators’ overall quality of service, such as train run delays, end-of-session issues and other metrics.
● Monitoring : ETCS Level 2 and 3, ETCS RBC-RBC Handover, Subset-093 and datalink KPIs for ETCS.
● Standards : Eirene SRS, Eirene FRS, Subset-093 CS-PS, Subset-026, Subset-039, Eulynx, SCI and more.
● Multiple traces : Real-time and/or historical end-to-end train run and session traces
● Safety/emergency metrics : Detailed insights on ETCS Trains Position and Status Reports, Emergency Brake, Emergency Stop Data, Reported Error (M_ERROR), Movement Authority, captured data as well as data recorded by Juridical Recording Units (JRUs)
● Dashboards : Customizable and dynamic web-based layouts with various metrics, including maps, tables, charts and graphs.
● Filters : Easy and advanced filters for issue investigation.
● Alerts : Proactive alerts on specific events, such as M_ERRORs, train trips, etc.
● Reports : Scheduling features, email notification, various outputs and advanced SQL features on demand.
Tailored for ERTMS performance monitoring
It’s a question often asked by railway operators: Is my GSM-R/GPRS network ready for ETCS? By measuring all Subset-093 metrics based on real ETCS traffic, QATS Signalling can produce a comprehensive assessment of the network’s accessibility, retainability and integrity by measuring KPIs such as connection establishment delays/errors, the connection loss rate and many other metrics.
Train Trip Root Cause
QATS Signalling monitors all ETCS trains driving mode updates. If a train turns into Trip Mode, its emergency brakes are automatically applied which will disturb the railway traffic. QATS Signalling is able to identify the root cause of the Trip mode activation (e.g. T_NVCONTACT expired, missed linked Balise group, Unconditional Emergency Brake, and more), and enables a troubleshooting within the Subset-026 messages for behavior analysis
A tool for detecting the cause of train delays
With QATS Signalling, operators are able to determine whether or not a train delay is the result of an ETCS issue. The solution can be used either proactively or in response to a detected issue by comparing any current train run with a reference timetable. QATS Signalling can instantly detect and locate a train delayed by more than five minutes.
QATS Signalling includes multiple features which are constantly improved based on user feedback. Main features include:
- Tracing-specific features
- ETCS Traffic/Session management features
- Trip emergency, M_ERROR, M_MODE, JRU metrics
- Subset-093, Subset-026, HDLC frame analysis