The IFF-45TS Transponder / Interrogator / TACAN Bench Test Set is an RF signal simulator that provides support for AIMS Mark XIIA transponders and interrogators. It operates under remote control from a computer or ATE system and provides versatile signal generation and measurement capability of Mark XIIA system signals in bench and over-the-air applications.
Replies and interrogations can be individually configured to support testing requirements. ADS-B Out testing monitors ADS-B, TIS-B, ADS-R and Acquisition squitters. The IFF-45TS emulates either a TACAN ground transponder or a TACAN airborne interrogator, providing six TACAN test modes
This product is controlled for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). A license from the U.S. Department of State is required prior to the export of this product from the United States.
- MK XIIA AIMS certified for Level 1 and Level 2
- Accommodates DOD AIMS 04-900A Option A (KIV-78) and Option B (KIV-77)
- Dual I/O for diversity testing of transponders or SUM/DIFFERENCE on interrogators
- Separate connections for direct or over-the-air testing
- Software defined radio design allows waveform flexibility and future growth potential
- Dual signal generator design allows coordinated signal production for interference and echo testing
- Remote interfaces consist of RS-232, Ethernet and GPIB
- GUI allows easy access to test features
- Industry wide use in development and end item testing of transponders and interrogators
- Engineering – Development and qualification testing for MK XIIA, ADS-B Beacon, and TACAN equipment
- Manufacturing - factory calibration and verification testing
- Depot/Service - Level 1/2, return-toservice testing
- Support for DO-260B, AIMS 03-1000B, Amendment 1 and DO-181E certification testing
- Over-the-air platform testing of MK XIIA equipment including Mode 5, ADS-B beacons and TACAN interrogators
- Industry-wide use for development and end item testing of transponders and interrogators
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards