The ORL-55 is a high performance instrument for field, production and lab use. This instrument can be used in three different modes as a return loss meter, optical power/loss meter and a laser source.
- Ensures quick and reliable testing of the return loss of an optical system. High return loss values are essential for ensuring the signal quality especially with CATV & FTTx networks.
- Measures return loss at up to three wavelengths simultaneously in real time using digital signal processing.
- Return loss referencing performed via a single key stroke. Very easy referencing due to ultra stable lasers and special signal processing.
- Can be used as a standalone optical return loss meter, an optical power/loss meter and a laser source.
- USB interface for easy remote control & report generation
- Internal memory for over 1000 results
- New Visual Fault Locator Option
- New Host USB data storage option
- Designed for fiber optic field use for technicians and Installers/maintenance people within fiber optic networks especially for FTTX, CATV and high bandwidth installations.
- Auto-lambda function provides automatic wavelength detection to speed up testing.
- 70% reduction in testing time due to multiple automatic functions.
- Industries first auto-zeroing function for very high accuracy with no manual zeroing needed.
- SMARTEnergy power supply management system.
- SMARTStar graphical user interface for fast and easy operation.
- Quick start function requiring no warm up reduces testing time.
- Robust shock proof instrument with great look and feel.