Milpitas, Calif., June 6, 2016 – VIAVI Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) today announced the introduction of the industry’s first cable television (CATV) meter with network sweep and alignment tools for the extended DOCSIS 3.1 frequency ranges (204MHz upstream, 1.2GHz downstream). Built on the strengths of the OneExpert™ CATV, VIAVI’s new solution is designed to support operators performing hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) network upgrades and delivering Gigabit to the home to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
VIAVI will be demonstrating OneExpert and related solutions to enable multi-service operators to deliver Gigabit to the home at ANGA COM, Cologne, Germany (Booth 10.2 / K29, June 7-9, 2016).
In the battle for broadband supremacy, DOCSIS 3.1 has emerged as the next-generation technology of choice in the cable industry, having performed well in trials, and now operators are announcing plans for broad deployments. In order to scale effectively, field technicians need to be equipped to test services to 1 Gbps with standard-compliant and production-ready instruments and management systems.
Operators across Europe are leading the worldwide industry in upgrading their HFC networks to supply symmetrical gigabit services and are requiring vendors to provide DOCSIS 3.1 service test and 204 MHz/1.2GHz sweep in one instrument. This feature is expected to ultimately be required worldwide as other operators upgrade their HFC plants.
Key features of the VIAVI portfolio include:
- Embedded DOCSIS 3.1 modem for full 3.1 service testing up to 1 Gbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 with 32x8 bonding capability and software upgradable to DOCSIS 3.1, for those customers who are not yet ready to deploy 3.1 technology but would like to prepare for the future and take advantage of the powerful feature set for current installations
- 204 MHz/1.2GHz network alignment and sweep in one instrument
- Multi-touch, user-friendly interface with OneCheck™ automated testing and a simple dashboard clearly indicating pass-fail results and suggested next steps for troubleshooting
- Reduced operator costs and backward compatibility with existing VIAVI DOCSIS and sweep tools including DSAM and SDA
- When combined with other VIAVI products, OneExpert offers a comprehensive solution to test and provision DOCSIS 3.1, fiber to the home (FTTH) and Wi-Fi
- Complementary tools and systems to monitor the live HFC network for noise and other upstream service issues while providing actionable insight about the location of physical network impairments also impacting service
- Compatible with the StrataSync cloud-based management platform, providing asset, configuration, upgrade and test data management for VIAVI instruments
“Wireline and wireless service providers worldwide are planning and building out networks to deliver Gigabit connectivity to subscribers, and VIAVI is proud to offer comprehensive test, measurement and assurance platforms to support them,” said Rob Flask, Director of Product Line Management, VIAVI Solutions. “We have anticipated the European cable industry moving further ahead than the rest of the world in expanding their HFC networks, and have delivered a solution tailored to their needs.”
About VIAVI Solutions
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) software and hardware platforms and instruments deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks. Precise intelligence and actionable insight from across the network ecosystem optimizes the service experience for increased customer loyalty, greater profitability and quicker transitions to next-generation technologies. VIAVI is also a leader in anti-counterfeiting solutions for currency authentication and high-value optical components and instruments for diverse government and commercial applications. Learn more at www.viavisolutions.com and follow us on VIAVI Perspectives, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.