The Multiple Application Platform (MAP) Polarization Controller (mPCS-A1) is optimized for the industry-leading VIAVI MAP-200 platform. Based on the previous-generation Multiple Application Platform (MAP), the MAP-200 is the first photonic layer lab and manufacturing platform that is LAN Extensions for Instrumentation (LXI)-compliant by conforming to the required physical attributes, Ethernet connectivity, and interchangeable virtual instrument (IVI) drivers. The MAP-200 platform is optimized for density and maximum configurability to meet specific application requirements in the smallest possible foot print.
The mPCS-A1 provides an efficient and precise way of creating any state of polarization. It can also be used as part of a polarization state analyzer. The mPCS-A1 is comprised of three rotating elements: a high extinction ratio polarizer, a quarter-wave plate and a half-wave plate. The controller configuration can be offered with a single-mode (SM) or a polarization maintaining fiber (PMF) input.
The polarization controllers can be combined with other instruments to complete measurement test systems such as erbium-doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) or passive component test sets.
- Complete polarization control
- Designed to meet IEEE Std. 802.3aeTM 10 GbE testing requirements
- Designed to perform fast polarization dependent loss (PDL) measurements (4-state Mueller method)
- Compact single width cassette
- Very high angular accuracy and absolute fast axis alignment accuracy
- Can be automated when used with MAP-200 LXI-compliant interfaces and IVI drivers