The Multiple Application Platform (MAP) Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier (mEDFA-C1) is a third-generation amplifier design, optimized for use in the systems-lab or for optical test and measurement applications. The simplified control and modular design make the module extremely simple to integrate and use, removing the need to “work-around” networking management protocols that often frustrate the R&D and manufacturing engineers and slow down test automation.
- Variant options to cover low-noise figure (< 3.7dB) or high power (>25dBm) requirements
- Single-channel Extended C and L band versions
- Gain flattened DWDM multichannel extended C band versions
- Automated gain and power control options
- Amplification of sensitive signals in automated test systems
- Power saturation recovery testing
- OSNR noise loading