Ookla Speedtest Option
Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and G.fast technologies are helping service providers get Gigabit per second broadband services to residential customers, increasing their service quality expectations. With increasing broadband service speeds and prices, end-users want proof that they’re getting the promised service speed.
Speedtest by Ookla is a familiar and trusted method for many end-users to check their service speed, but a premises technician typically doesn’t carry around the beefy hardware required to perform a legitimate Ookla test (desktop PC or laptop with a network card capable of handling the gigabit speeds), because it is costly, and unwieldy.
- Confirm installation or repair service quality before you leave the job. Directly validate Quality of Experience.
- Reduce call-backs and improve customer satisfaction
- No complex setup parameters required. A single button press launches Speedtest by Ookla, optimized for Gigabit class services
- Cut precious job time, especially if multiple speed tests needed
- Same test application your customer is already using. No need to translate your results to a format the end-user can understand
- Effective customer education reduces service calls and improves customer satisfaction scores
- No complex server setup or IT integration efforts needed. Speedtest by Ookla utilizes the extensive Ookla server infrastructure already in place for public use, automatically selecting the best server to use at test run-time
- Save the cost of purchasing server hardware, software and maintenance
- Save opportunity cost–concentrate on business-critical activities vs. building and maintaining a distributed server infrastructure
As part of the test industry’s widest speed test portfolio, Viavi offers an innovative and optimized approach to bring residential service technicians the comfort and familiarity of Speedtest by Ookla, at gigabit class speeds through a simple software option upgrade for the OneExpert family of communications testers. Works with ONX-580, ONX-580A, ONX-580P, ONX-620, and ONX-630.