VIAVI Equips Technicians with Unprecedented Speed and Clinical Precision for Multifiber Network Testing
- FiberChek Sidewinder enables the industry’s fastest and first fully autonomous and automated MPO inspection workflow, reducing job times by as much as 92 percent
- MPO Optical Switch Module for T-BERD/MTS-4000 platform enhances an instrument trusted by service providers with an optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDR) for MPO characterization
- VIAVI will demonstrate its MPO test portfolio at ECOC (September 18-20, Gothenburg) and BICSI Fall (September 24-28, Las Vegas)
Milpitas, Calif., September 12, 2017 – VIAVI Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) today announced the availability of FiberChek Sidewinder, the industry’s first all-in-one handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors. An extension of the proven FiberChek portfolio of testers, Sidewinder dramatically reduces time to inspect and certify fiber endfaces for faster network build-outs without sacrificing accuracy or ease of use. VIAVI also announced the MPO Optical Switch Module for the T-BERD/MTS-4000, allowing current users of this instrument to add on test functionality for MPO cables. Together with the recently announced SmartClass Fiber MPOLx, these solutions add to VIAVI’s leading portfolio of MPO characterization and certification offerings for service providers, enterprises and data centers.
As bandwidth demand continues to grow around the globe, fiber is being deployed in all network segments. Ribbon fiber with MPO connectivity is being extended from the service provider into and throughout enterprises and data centers, and out to the end equipment to simplify deployment. This growth of multifiber connectivity has also introduced new challenges for both installation technicians and network operators, so proper test practices are essential to ensure optimum network performance.
The Sidewinder is the first solution on the market to completely automate the multifiber inspection process with industry-leading reliability and speed.
- Technicians can receive automatic pass/fail results for all 12 MPO fibers in less than 12 seconds; a typical job of certifying 100 MPO connectors can be completed in under 20 minutes, compared to the industry average of 4.3 hours (a 92 percent reduction).
- Endface quality can be certified to customer requirements, including IEC-61300-3-35.
- All-in-one design provides completely autonomous operation with features including auto-focus, auto-pan/scroll, endface analysis, color touch screen, on-board storage, and Wi-Fi connectivity to mobile devices.
MPO Optical Switch Module
VIAVI’s MPO optical switch module for the T-BERD/MTS-4000 platform delivers a fully integrated and automated OTDR test solution for ribbon fiber and MPO cable characterization, certification and troubleshooting.
- Allows current users of the T-BERD/MTS-4000 to add on MPO test functionality rather than invest in a completely new instrument.
- Reduces operational cost by equipping a single technician with the capability to test and troubleshoot, and reduces test time by 50 percent compared to legacy processes and equipment.
- Compatible with CERTiFi, a cloud-based management platform to deploy tasks to VIAVI MPO test instruments and manage test results.
“Just as clinicians need to ensure that anything that touches patients is meticulously clean, network owners are challenged to keep fiber free of contamination. That task is often outsourced to contractors, so a fast, accurate and user-friendly test device is essential to get the job done right,” said Kevin Oliver, Vice President and General Manager, Converged Instruments and Virtual Test, VIAVI Solutions. “The fully autonomous intelligence of Sidewinder enables game-changing functionality and speed, and Sidewinder and the MPO Optical Switch Module add to a long line of reliable, easy-to-use VIAVI solutions trusted by techs and Tier-1 service providers alike.”
About VIAVI Solutions
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including VIAVI Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets. Learn more about VIAVI at www.viavisolutions.com. Follow us on VIAVI Perspectives, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.