With the DSP TDR cable service provider maintenance teams and contractors can quickly find cable breaks and faults so they can get service back up ASAP. Simple operation, along with step TDR technology give complete, precise measurements with no blind spots. An on-screen events list is available with the press of a button. The DSP TDR offers lab-grade functionality in a rugged hand-held meter.
Since a cable break likely means an outage, pin-pointing it quickly is very important. Length measurement accuracy is also critically important, as often the cable is underground and must be dug out to make the splice. A lack of precision in this measurement means a bigger hole must be dug. The DSP TDR accurately locates breaks and faults, helping the operator avoid paying for unnecessary span replacements.
The DSP TDR uses “step” technology, in which the transmitter sends signals continuously while the receiver listens simultaneously for reflected signals. This means there is no “dead-zone” as is typical in TDRs with "pulse" technology. The measurement detects information including impedance along the entire length of cable. The higher energy of the step signal TDR improves the signal-to-noise ratio and with digital averaging, effectively eliminates interfering noise that degrades the received signal.
- Lab-grade functionality in a rugged hand-held meter
- “Step” technology for higher precision over entire cable length
- Events list instantly viewable from function menu
- Reduce outage and line problem troubleshooting time
- Avoid paying for unnecessary span replacements
- Precision location means digging smaller holes
- Eliminate unnecessary span replacements by pinpointing cable problems enabling efficient splicing
- Document measurement results quickly with upload to StrataSync (get paid quicker)
- Features fast, complete, and precise measurements without blind spots
- Data upload and retention with StrataSync
- Built to last design for use in the real environment of Network Technicians
- Long battery life
Instrument Care Support Plans
Save up the 50% of standard service prices and obtain priority service when you buy a bundled plan at the same time the instrument is purchased. Care Support Plans offer the best way to purchase extended warranty, premium technical support, self-paced training, and critical maintenance services like calibration services that include software and engineering change order update services to ensure your product is maintained with current software and a calibration certificate. These discounted plans are 2-5 years long when purchased upfront with your VIAVI instruments.
VIAVI Care Support
Ordering VIAVI Care Plans
To order a VIAVI Care Plan, request the following part numbers in your service plan quote from the table below. Your care plan will be sold in annual increments.
|Bronze-2||Silver-2||First 2 Years|
|Bronze-3||Silver-3||MaxCare-3||First 3 Years|
|Bronze-4||Silver-4||First 4 Years|
|Bronze-5||Silver-5||MaxCare-5||First 5 Years|
FleetCare plans can be customized to include any service entitlements
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards