- Must-have technology for troubleshooting and network quality assessment
- Collect & analyze rail telecoms performance data
- Suitable for GSM-R, 4G, TETRA, LTE, 4G, 5G, MCPTT & other networks
- Use equipment installed in racks on test trains or as portable trolleys or backpacks
- Run tests as single events or scheduled runs based on location or time
- Radio measurements are geo-positioned from GPS, time synchronized and then notified in real- time
- Supports all features peculiar to GSM-R/ETCS technology requirements, such as GSM-R mobile support, UIC testing methodologies, geo-location measurements in tunnels and more.
- Able to simplify and automate effort- intensive tasks (such as UIC test sets or interference and inter-modulation analysis) so that these can be done quickly and efficiently
- Available as a standalone solution or as part of a combined solution
Collect & analyze rail telecoms performance data
VIAVI makes it easy to collect all the necessary data to test and measure railway telecoms networks, such as: GSM-R, 4G, TETRA, LTE, 4G, 5G, MCPTT & more. Test runs can be conducted as single events or as part of a regular schedule. The equipment includes remote, automated and manually operated systems, which can be installed on test trains or used as portable backpacks or trolleys.
We can help customers select the right EVOIA Drive Test system for their needs and budget, with the option to scale up their investment as required.
We are 4G & 5G ready – are you?
GSM-R is a second-generation telecom system, which is forecast to reach “end of life” around 2030, when manufacturers are currently planning to withdraw their support.
Work is already underway in some markets to move from GSM-R to other telecom standards including FRMCS (the Future Railway Mobile Communication System). VIAVI is already working with rail operators looking to install and operate rail telecoms networks using 4G & Mission Critical Communications (MCPTT/MCPTX). We also can provide 5G testing capabilities.
VIAVI can supply solutions for test trains and wagons, attended and unattended solutions, as well as standalone and portable kits. Our solutions are all supplied with appropriate training, support and maintenance packages tailored to meet different client operational processes and environments.