The VIAVI OMK-3xV2 optical test kits are a range of pocket-sized and rugged instruments for installing and maintaining single mode (SM) and multimode (MM) fiber optic networks. All test kits are equipped with an optical power meter and a dual or quad-wavelength optical light source for power level, insertion loss measurements, and continuity checks.
- Ready when you need it - ultra-high reliability and high availability
- Dependable, German design
- Designed with outdoor environment in mind
- Low power consumption for extended continuous use
- Instant On – no boot time
- Easy to use
- High-Visibility backlit graphical display with context-sensitive softkey
- No setup ‘OptiChek’ measurement mode
- Fast Auto-λ, Multi-λ mode (~ 1 sec)
- Clear pass/fail information
- Automatic upload of results via VIAVI Mobile Tech application
- Broadband power meter with Dual SM or Quad SM/MM sources
- Fiber Tracing – detecting optical light source tone(s)
- Storage for over 1000 test results and PC download capability
- Bluetooth low energy connectivity to the VIAVI Mobile Tech App
- 3-way powering - alkaline AA, NiMH AA rechargeable, AC power adapter
- 3-year recalibration period
- Measuring optical power levels and link insertion loss for both SM and MM networks
- Network Build and Maintenance for
- Access and Metro (LAN/WAN)
- FTTx (e.g. Home/Antenna)
- Standard and high-power level tests for use in telecom, CATV, and military applications
- The OMK-35V2 is a SM kit with an OLS-35V2 and an OLP-35V2 for Telecom applications.
- The OMK-38V2 is a high power SM kit with an OLS-35V2 and an OLP-38V2 for CATV and amplified DWDM applications up to +26 dBm.
- The OMK-36V2 is a quad SM/MM kit with an OLS-36V2 and an OLP-35V2 for Enterprise LAN / WAN applications.
All Optical Test Kits include accessories: VIAVI Light Source, VIAVI Power Meter, soft bag, universal AC power adapter. Neck streps, bag, dry AA-batteries, quick start guide are included for each Source and Power Meter.