The VIAVI JMEP smart SFPs are gigabit Ethernet smart SFP transceivers that reduce the need for additional network instrumentation. There are two transceiver varieties, a 1 Gbps JMEP3 and a 10 Gbps JMEP10, that seamlessly deploy inline into existing network devices. They provide network operators and service providers with remote test points that enable performance-assured service delivery and increase the value of existing network infrastructure.
- Simple to use, easy to deploy in existing network SFP ports
- Turns network ports into service-assurance tools, enabling Ethernet operation, administration, and maintenance (OAM) for any 1GE or 10GE
- Simplifies test and troubleshooting procedures to reduce equipment upgrades, truck rolls, and mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Compatible with the VIAVI T-BERD®/MTS test portfolio and the and award-winning Fusion EtherASSURE™ centralized test solution
- Monitors across mobile-backhaul networks without additional instrumentation
- Turn up, test and troubleshoot, and monitor key network performance in mobile backhaul, business services, and cloud networking services.
- Instrument network demarcation points using Fusion JMEP SFP probes, isolating network boundaries, without deploying additional network devices or consuming additional space and power.
- Add consistent, end-to-end standard based test and monitoring to any network device, without taxing network performance.
- Fully compatible with RFC 2544 and Y.1564 test methodologies
- Activates test loopbacks (L2/L3)
- Monitors inline performance using Y.1731/
- TWAMP-Light (RFC 5357)
- Measures throughput, availability, frame loss, frame delay, and frame delay variation
- Enables OAM 802.1ag for fault isolation