The VIAVI JMEP smart SFPs are gigabit Ethernet smart SFP transceivers that reduce the need for additional network instrumentation. There are two transceiver varieties, a 1 Gbps JMEP3 and a 10 Gbps JMEP10, that seamlessly deploy inline into existing network devices. They provide network operators and service providers with remote test points that enable performance-assured service delivery and increase the value of existing network infrastructure.
- Simple to use, easy to deploy in existing network SFP ports
- Turns network ports into service-assurance tools, enabling Ethernet operation, administration, and maintenance (OAM) for any 1GE or 10GE
- Simplifies test and troubleshooting procedures to reduce equipment upgrades, truck rolls, and mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Compatible with the VIAVI T-BERD®/MTS test portfolio and the and award-winning Fusion EtherASSURE™ centralized test solution
- Monitors across mobile-backhaul networks without additional instrumentation
- Turn up, test and troubleshoot, and monitor key network performance in mobile backhaul, business services, and cloud networking services.
- Instrument network demarcation points using Fusion JMEP SFP probes, isolating network boundaries, without deploying additional network devices or consuming additional space and power.
- Add consistent, end-to-end standard based test and monitoring to any network device, without taxing network performance.
- Fully compatible with RFC 2544 and Y.1564 test methodologies
- Activates test loopbacks (L2/L3)
- Monitors inline performance using Y.1731/
- TWAMP-Light (RFC 5357)
- Measures throughput, availability, frame loss, frame delay, and frame delay variation
- Enables OAM 802.1ag for fault isolation
Repair & Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards