Our products live in tough field, lab, or manufacturing environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come.
Our comprehensive Repair and Calibration service options match your price and documentation requirements, with easy access to your service calibration certificates through our StrataSync™ platform. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders.
Learn more about VIAVI Repair & Calibration Services
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs!
Minimize business disruption
Schedule service at your convenience to avoid disruptive technician downtime and unnecessary repeat measurements.
- Enjoy priority service with VIAVI Care Support Plans and Enterprise Fleet Care Plans.
- Onsite calibration via our mobile calibration labs can be scheduled and completed overnight to ensure your staff does not miss a day of instrument usage and can avoid the hassle of shipping.
Ensure support costs are predictable and cost-effective.
- Savvy customers take advantage of service bundle plans through VIAVI Care and Fleet Care that include support, repair, maintenance like calibration and software updates, and training to ensure you get the most of your time and budget at discounted rates upfront.
- We can place ALL your VIAVI instruments on a co-terminus Fleet Care service contract, no matter the purchase date of your instrument, to ensure no tech goes out unprepared and you obtain VIAVI’s best pricing for bulk service.
Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Verify measurement accuracy of the instrument to traceable standards and document the calibration certificate.
- Conduct a top-level function test of the instrument to verify that vital functions not requiring calibration, work as expected
- Incorporate factory engineering changes, as necessary, to optimize instrument function, which may include such modifications as a component change or the replacement of an entire assembly, or software enhancements
- Clean all optics components on optical instruments such as OTDRs, scopes and optic power meters and signal analyzers to verify that lasers and optical connections function properly, addressing wear and tear.
- Apply a calibration label to the instrument noting the date of calibration, person performing the calibration, and the next scheduled calibration date.
Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards
- Only VIAVI can repair and calibrate a VIAVI product with OEM parts and production processes to ensure your product works as designed and manufactured. We always apply hardware and software engineering change orders to enhance reliability and functionality in cases where parts or software/firmware risk becoming unreliable and could cause a failure.
- Industry measurement standards and customers require OEM repair and calibration to accept measurement validity. VIAVI procedures carry TL9000 ISO certification designed for the telecommunications industry. For example, network operators expect that all network elements have been tested with calibrated test equipment before they will accept equipment for network installation.
- Adhering to metrology standards is an important business certification process for operators when troubleshooting a network or critical electronics that may create severe danger to life and property if not working properly. It does not make economic sense to send technicians with un-calibrated, faulty measurement tools to test avionics electronics, mission critical network communications services or other applications that provide critical customer services.
- Non-OEM repairs: We often receive mal-functioning items that have been “serviced” by third parties. They are effectively breaking your product, creating a Frankenstein instrument by cobbling together non-OEM parts. You never have to worry about that with VIAVI service or if you select VIAVI used re-certified ENCORE products.
- For more information on VIAVI quality procedures see: Quality
How much certification data detail do you need?
Purchase Options for VIAVI Repair and Calibration Services:
Contract Service Plans
These plans cover calibration events during a specified contract period. Plans with Extended Warranty and Calibration coverage are available under VIAVI Care Support Plans, Calibration Only Plans and Fleet Care plans.
Learn more about VIAVI Care Support Plans, which provide comprehensive coverage for your equipment.
Per Incident Fixed Price Services
Receive a fixed price quote that includes a post repair warranty for the entire unit for straightforward budgetary planning: Paid at time of RMA.
3Z RF Vision Damage Protection Plan
Protect your 3Z RF Vision from accidental damages and keep it in top working condition with a Damage Protection Plan. Ensure system accuracy and precision with one premium calibration and one battery replacement. Free cracked screen and enclosure replacement is included for repairable units returned under this plan. Even if the worst-case scenario happens and the unit is damaged beyond repair, plan holders can pay only a low deductible for a one-time replacement unit. Include the Damage Protection Plan with your RF Vision purchase and get the most value from your investment even when accidents happen.
Return Merchandise for Repair and/or Calibration
VIAVI Solutions is a single-source supplier for all of your factory and on-site test equipment repair, maintenance, and calibration service needs.
Submit a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Request.
For further assistance during your repair or calibration request process, contact Customer Support.
To order this or any other VIAVI Service, please go to our How to Order Services page.
Choose the Model Number to find the proper calibration interval for each unit.
Find the standard warranty
Choose the Model Number to find the standard warranty included with the unit.