The VIAVI TeraVM Core Emulator adds to the capabilities of industry-standard TM500 test mobile to provide a full wrap-around test of a 5G gNB for both non-standalone (NSA) and standalone (SA) modes.
One of the biggest challenges facing NEMs and mobile operators as they launch 5G is developing products against constantly changing and maturing 3GPP specs.
TeraVM Core Emulator can remove the pain of Core Network dependencies by giving RAN engineers a controllable and repeatable test environment that helps implement 3GPP standards rapidly and simplify the development lifecycle of 5G gNBs and the introduction of 5G services to the market.
- Time to Market – Alignment and compatibility with TM500 and gNB 3GPP specifications, making it easier to identify and pinpoint issues
- Agile Releases – Releases made bi-weekly with common configuration with TM500
- Remote software upgrades
- Ease of access. RAN engineers have access to an always available EPC test resource thereby boosting test productivity.
- Controllable: a single shared EPC may not be set up in line with a particular set of RAN test requirements. The TeraVM Core Emulator can be configured to match specific RAN test needs.
- Shareable via elastic test bed.
- Repeatable: engineers managing a real/test EPC need to make constant changes and updates to keep it up to date. But when debugging a gNB problem or trying to optimize performance, a constant/repeatable environment is required.
- Robust Testing: the TeraVM Core Emulator allows engineers to insert errors on the N2 interface to check the robustness of the gNB design.
- Portability – demo 5G to customers
- Lightweight – Deploy and configure in real-time
- Deterministic Performance
- First to market alignment with 3GPP standards
- Runs in lightweight VM on standard x86 hardware
- Run 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G on same x86 host
- Standalone, non-standalone 5G plus legacy RATs (2G, 3G, 4G)
- Supports IoT and VoLTE (IMS)
- Automation and scripting tools
- Negative testing via error injection on the N2 interface (gNB -AMF)
- Virtualized architecture enables “Elastic test bed” and flexible loan licenses to maximize ROI and utilization
- Alignment and compatibility with TM500 test mobile
- One-stop test support
O-RAN Plugfest Participation
White Papers & Books
Repair & Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards