Increasingly, end users depend on WiFi to reliably deliver premium services such as video and IPTV to endpoints throughout their homes. However, the highly dynamic nature of WiFi networks (including spurious interferers, in-channel or channel-overlapping networks added by other parties, and growing numbers of WiFi devices) has a continuous impact on performance and QoE. As a result, 40% of all trouble calls are now WiFi related. Technicians who install and maintain WiFi in the home require robust installation methods and rapid troubleshooting capabilities.
The WiFi Advisor consists of an iPad app and one or more WFED-300AC test devices. It is the first test solution to meet the specific needs of installation professionals at all skill levels. Providing a new, visually rich approach to testing, its intuitive capabilities enable rapid characterization, optimization, and troubleshooting of highly changeable and vulnerable home WiFi networks. It shows a whole-home view of real WiFi performance/throughput margin and can deliver easy-to-understand performance information directly to the end customer.
- Improves QoE, reduces trouble calls and repeats
- Reduces mean-time-to-repair
- Assesses a wide range of end-user device classes
- Educates customers about true performance
- Enables test conformance and repeatability across your workforce
- WiFi troubleshooting and optimization
- Whole-home WiFi performance mapping and throughput analysis
- Wireless IPTV service installation
- End-user education
- Site performance report educates customers
- TrueMargin™ optimizes WiFi site throughput
- Intuitive and easy user interface recommends best channel and optimization steps
- Highly-configurable radio supports 2.4 G 802.11b/g/n and 5 G 802.11a/n/ac up to 3x3 with MIMO
- Associates job- or work-ticket information with site assessment results for export to the cloud for storage and analysis
Additional Resources: DOCSIS 3.1
Product Training Options
Self-Paced Online Training and Certification
Learn to use the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week followed by a certification test upon completion of all modules.
Virtual Classroom and Certification
Instructor led Coursework: Learn from an expert Instructor from the convenience of your desk. Build your skill sets using VIAVI Solutions products to test various technologies with test and certification upon completion.
On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications
Instructor led Coursework: Build expertise using your VIAVI products in live lab exercises with test and certification upon completion. Utilize optional workshop days for field test on your network with your instructor.
Mentorship Consulting & System Admin Training
Instruments: Mentorship Test Procedure Consultation: Application Engineer Days. One of our test experts will come to your site and conduct testing with your team to troubleshoot stubborn problems or write up test procedures.