The VIAVI OLP-39 variants are the industry’s first wavelength selective Passive Optical Network (PON) power meter enhanced with TruePON data analysis for fast, simultaneous measurement of both G-PON and XGS-PON downstream power levels and loss in PON networks. TruePON analysis leverages PON-ID information to ensure more right first-time installations and to reduce fault finding times. Easy-to-use for technicians at any skill level, the SmartPocket V2 TruePON testers offer a dedicated and cost-optimized solution for testing, installing and troubleshooting PON services in the field. The most compact dual band TruePON testers in the market that fits perfectly in your pocket.
- Ready when you need it – ultra-high reliability and high-availability
- Dependable, German design
- Designed with outdoor environment in mind
- Low power consumption for extended continuous use
- Instant On – no boot time
- Easy to use
- High-Visibility backlight graphical display with context-sensitive softkeys
- Clear pass/fail information
- Supports co-existence of G-PON and XGS-PON services
- Ensures first time install success with correct OLT port connectivity
- Single test port connection for dual wavelength measurement
- Simultaneous power level measurements for both G/E-PON & XGS-PON/10G-EPON services
- TruePON data analysis (OLT-ID, ODN class, in-service insertion loss)
- Storage for over 1000 test results and PC download capability
- 4-way powering - alkaline AA, NiMH AA rechargeable, AC power adapter and power over USB
- 3-year recalibration period
- Measuring optical power levels for both G/E-PON and XGS-PON/10G-EPON services
- Detecting information on OLT-ID
- Multi-service PON deployment and installs
- Network Build and Maintenance for FTTH
- The OLP-39G has a single mounted SC adapter providing simultaneous selective power measurement and TruePON PON-ID data analysis of G-PON (1490 nm).
- The OLP-39X has a single mounted SC adapter providing simultaneous selective power measurement and TruePON PON-ID data analysis of both G-PON (1490 nm) and XGS-PON (1577 nm) wavelengths.
Support migration to XGS-PON for high speed 10G service deployment
- Test multiple services coexisting on the same PON
- Support for both G and XGS-PON measurement
- Add XGS-PON support when needed - field upgradeable
Reduce fault escalations and troubleshooting expenses
- Confirm customer connected to OLT port where service has been provisioned
- Identify switched drop ports/cables caused by human error or poor/bad labelling
- TruePON PON-ID data analysis for G and XGS-PON services
Minimise activation delays and meet targets for installs per day
- Fast confirmation of correct drop terminal/drop fiber connection
- Prevent ‘blind’ fault finding with TruePON PON-ID data analysis
- Avoid extra time/cost to reprovision service to alternate OLT port
Avoid install abandonments and early life failures due to borderline installs for both G and XGS-PON services
- Avoid errors due to ‘no test’ approach or use of basic broadband power meter tools
- Selective PON power measurement and TruePON data analysis
- Measure power levels with precision and in-service network Insertion Loss.
Instrument Care Support Plans
Save up the 50% of standard service prices and obtain priority service when you buy a bundled plan at the same time the instrument is purchased. Care Support Plans offer the best way to purchase extended warranty, premium technical support, self-paced training, and critical maintenance services like calibration services that include software and engineering change order update services to ensure your product is maintained with current software and a calibration certificate. These discounted plans are 2-5 years long when purchased upfront with your VIAVI instruments.
VIAVI Care Support
Ordering VIAVI Care Plans
To order a VIAVI Care Plan, request the following part numbers in your service plan quote from the table below. Your care plan will be sold in annual increments.
|Bronze-2||Silver-2||First 2 Years|
|Bronze-3||Silver-3||MaxCare-3||First 3 Years|
|Bronze-4||Silver-4||First 4 Years|
|Bronze-5||Silver-5||MaxCare-5||First 5 Years|
FleetCare plans can be customized to include any service entitlements