VIAVI Solutions SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85/85P lets installers and technicians work fiber smart by integrating industry-leading fiber inspection with Tier 1 testing. This efficient, easy-to-use solution promotes best practices while cutting testing and certification time in half. Have confidence in your network quality and optimize your workflow with a single solution - the OLTS-85 and 85P.
Key Benefits of the OLTS-85/85P
- Certify installations faster, correctly, and on time—the first time
- Test to industry standards
- Eliminate guesswork with pass/fail results
- Optimize technician efficiency
- Measuring length and optical loss (two fibers, two wavelengths)
- Ensuring correct polarity
- Inspecting fiber end faces—both patch cord and bulkhead. Learn more
Key Features of the OLTS-85/85P
- Comprehensive tier 1 fiber testing to TIA/ISO/IEC standards
- Dedicated multimode, single-mode, and quad versions
- Fiber end-face inspection with automated pass/fail analysis on both local and remote devices.
- Integrated saving of both local and remote results on the local device
- Encircled flux compliant
- Instant on from sleep mode
- Easily-generated fiber certification reports
- 3.5” color touch screen
- Direct reports via FiberChekPRO™ reporting software
- All-day battery life
What is an OLTS or Optical Loss Test Set?
An Optical Loss Test Set is a hand held field instrument used to perform specific tests for a fiber optic link or channel. These tests include measuring the length and optical loss, and checking the polarity of the installed fiber optic links.
Why should I use an OLTS?
While many use an OLTS for basic troubleshooting tests of optical links and channels, the primary use is during the installation of fiber optic networks to certify the installation according to global industry standards (including TIA 568.3, ISO 11801, and ISO 14763-3). The required test information from these standards include measuring the length, optical loss, and polarity of the installed fiber optic links. Performing these tests are required by the customer and are referred to as “Basic Certification” or “Tier-1 Fiber Certification”. To learn more visit: Tier 1 (Basic) Fiber Optic Certification.
Featured Technical Literature:
Приложения к руководствам
Руководства пользователя и инструкции
Руководства по подбору
White Papers и книги
SmartClass Fiber Training
- Fiber Optic Fundamentals & Multi-Fiber Inspection, Cleaning, and Testing with the MPOLx & P5000i
- Multi-Fiber Insp., Cleaning, and Testing with the MPOLx & P5000i
- OLTS-85/85P Fiber Inspection, Cleaning, & Testing Technician Certification Exam
- SmartClass Fiber MPOLx Product Overview
- SmartClass Fiber MPOLx Patch Cord Microscope Overview
- SmartClass Fiber MPOLx Loss-Length Testing
- SmartClass Ethernet Basic Use & Testing (SPT)
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Device Overview
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Setting Up Fiber Inspection Test
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Performing the Fiber Inspection Test
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Configuring Profiles with FiberChekPro
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85 Product Overview
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85 Setting up and running a Tier 1 Test
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85 Setting up a Test Reference
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85/85P Performing a Loss Test
Product Training Options
Self-Paced Online Training and Certification
Learn to use the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week followed by a certification test upon completion of all modules.
Virtual Classroom and Certification
Instructor led Coursework: Learn from an expert Instructor from the convenience of your desk. Build your skill sets using VIAVI Solutions products to test various technologies with test and certification upon completion.
On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications
Instructor led Coursework: Build expertise using your VIAVI products in live lab exercises with test and certification upon completion. Utilize optional workshop days for field test on your network with your instructor.
Mentorship Consulting & System Admin Training
Instruments: Mentorship Test Procedure Consultation: Application Engineer Days. One of our test experts will come to your site and conduct testing with your team to troubleshoot stubborn problems or write up test procedures.