Accelerate Gigabit Broadband deployment! OneExpert DSL, ONX-580 Family, helps field technicians fix problems—the first time. The multi-touch, user-friendly interface and OneCheck automated tests ease complex tasks with clear pass/fail results. And, its future-proof modules ensure years of use supporting access and home networks. The modular platform scales to fit both outside plant and in-home use cases at the right price point with three models: the service focused ONX-580A, the standard ONX-580 with copper and service testing, and the new ONX-580P for advanced copper and service test. All models can support FTTH and WiFi testing.
- Modular platform scales for new WiFi, fiber, and xDSL technology including VDSL Profile 35b and G.fast
- OneCheck automates field tests and simplifies Copper and DSL results to consistently close jobs correctly
- One-button OneCheck TDR auto identifies fault types and locations right away
- Prove the true customer experience with a standardized TrueSpeed™ test (RFC-6349)
- Three ways to test throughput (Ookla, SpeedCheck and Broadcom Speedtest)
- G.fast, VDSL (vectoring and bonding), and ADSL networks
- Copper, TDR, spectral tests
- Fiber, wifi, coax, and wiring test and installation
- Web, video, VoIP, TrueSpeed verification and troubleshooting
- Test G.fast and ADSL2+/VDSL2 including bonded and vectored pairs, copper, POTS, and coax/HPNA
- Multi-touch, friendly user interface leverages user experience from smartphones and tablets
- Multiple options for one button speed testing including Ookla and TrueSpeed™
- StrataSync cloud-enabled architecture provides easy asset management and test data management
This product is StrataSync enabled
StrataSync is a hosted, cloud-based solution that provides asset, configuration, and test data management for VIAVI instruments and ensures all instruments have the latest software and options installed.
Ookla Speedtest Option
Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and G.fast technologies are helping service providers get Gigabit per second broadband services to residential customers, increasing their service quality expectations. With increasing broadband service speeds and prices, end-users want proof that they’re getting the promised service speed.
Speedtest by Ookla is a familiar and trusted method for many end-users to check their service speed, but a premises technician typically doesn’t carry around the beefy hardware required to perform a legitimate Ookla test (desktop PC or laptop with a network card capable of handling the gigabit speeds), because it is costly, and unwieldy.
- Confirm installation or repair service quality before you leave the job. Directly validate Quality of Experience.
- Reduce call-backs and improve customer satisfaction
- No complex setup parameters required. A single button press launches Speedtest by Ookla, optimized for Gigabit class services
- Cut precious job time, especially if multiple speed tests needed
- Same test application your customer is already using. No need to translate your results to a format the end-user can understand
- Effective customer education reduces service calls and improves customer satisfaction scores
- No complex server setup or IT integration efforts needed. Speedtest by Ookla utilizes the extensive Ookla server infrastructure already in place for public use, automatically selecting the best server to use at test run-time
- Save the cost of purchasing server hardware, software and maintenance
- Save opportunity cost–concentrate on business-critical activities vs. building and maintaining a distributed server infrastructure
As part of the test industry’s widest speed test portfolio, Viavi offers an innovative and optimized approach to bring residential service technicians the comfort and familiarity of Speedtest by Ookla, at gigabit class speeds through a simple software option upgrade for the OneExpert family of communications testers. Works with ONX-580, ONX-580A, ONX-580P, ONX-620, and ONX-630.
DSL Helper Option
OneExpert Embedded Tech Support
Installation and service technicians are facing a growing range of technology challenges in the local access environment. Along with this, they are typically the least experienced, least trained work group. OneExpert goes a long way toward meeting these challenges, with automated test processes and pass/fail result lists, but in many cases less experienced techs could use some help understanding what things mean.
The DSL Helper option gives techs clear explanations for DSL results in a popup that can be accessed in the manual test mode. The context sensitive help info is easily accessible by scrolling through results and pressing “OK” when a measurement result is highlighted.
Over time the technician will become familiar with terms and the meaning of results – so DSL Helper can augment your in-house training program. When techs understand the tests and results, this leads to a more successful outcome for installation and service calls, and fewer call-backs. Works with ONX-580, ONX-580A, and ONX-580P.
Smart Access Anywhere Option
Remote Access to OneExpert
Occasionally a technician may face an unfamiliar and challenging situation in the field. With Smart Access Anywhere, a coach, an expert, or senior technician can remotely control an ONX in the field from his laptop or smart device from any location with a secured IP connection.
The Smart Access Anywhere application instills confidence in field workforce knowing they have ready access to support that can coach them regardless of their location. Service Providers can incur revenue quicker, reduce repeat truck rolls, and keep customers happier by solving problems with the first tech on site. Works with ONX-580, ONX-580A, ONX-580P, ONX-620, and ONX-630.
Instrument Care Support Plans
Save up the 50% of standard service prices and obtain priority service when you buy a bundled plan at the same time the instrument is purchased. Care Support Plans offer the best way to purchase extended warranty, premium technical support, self-paced training, and critical maintenance services like calibration services that include software and engineering change order update services to ensure your product is maintained with current software and a calibration certificate. These discounted plans are 2-5 years long when purchased upfront with your VIAVI instruments.
VIAVI Care Support
ケアサポートプラン - OneExpert
Ordering VIAVI Care Plans
To order a VIAVI Care Plan, request the following part numbers in your service plan quote from the table below. Your care plan will be sold in annual increments.
|Bronze-2||Silver-2||First 2 Years|
|Bronze-3||Silver-3||MaxCare-3||First 3 Years|
|Bronze-4||Silver-4||First 4 Years|
|Bronze-5||Silver-5||MaxCare-5||First 5 Years|
FleetCare plans can be customized to include any service entitlements
OneExpert DSL (ONX-580) Training
Networking Technology Training
- Basic Ethernet Key Concepts
- Basic Fiber Optic Inspection & Cleaning Before Connecting Concepts
- Basic Fiber Optic Concepts
- Basic Fiber Optic Testing Concepts
- Basic FTTx, PON, and ROADM Testing Concepts
- Basic IP Routing & MPLS Key Concepts
- Basic Internet Protocol (IP) Key Concepts
- Basic IP Video (IPTV) Key Concepts
- Basic OTDR Testing Concepts
- Basic Voice over IP (VoIP) Key Concepts
- Basic xDSL Key Concepts
- DWDM & PMD Fundamentals & Test Applications
- Ethernet & IP (Layers 2 - 4) Fundamentals & Test Applications
- Fiber Optic Fundamentals & Test Applications
- Fiber Optic & OTDR Fundamentals & Test Applications
- Fiber Optic Fundamentals & Test Applications for FTTx/PON
Product Training Options
Self-Paced Online Training and Certification
Learn to use the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week followed by a certification test upon completion of all modules.
Virtual Classroom and Certification
Instructor led Coursework: Learn from an expert Instructor from the convenience of your desk. Build your skill sets using VIAVI Solutions products to test various technologies with test and certification upon completion.
On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications
Instructor led Coursework: Build expertise using your VIAVI products in live lab exercises with test and certification upon completion. Utilize optional workshop days for field test on your network with your instructor.
Mentorship Consulting & System Admin Training
Instruments: Mentorship Test Procedure Consultation: Application Engineer Days. One of our test experts will come to your site and conduct testing with your team to troubleshoot stubborn problems or write up test procedures.