The FI-10 and FI-11 Optical Fiber Identifier are rugged, handheld, easy-to-use installation and maintenance instruments that identify optical fibers by detecting the optical signals being transmitted through a single-mode fiber. By utilizing local detection technology (non-destructive macro-bend detection), they eliminate the need to open the fiber at the splice point for identification. This, in turn, eliminates the probability of interrupting service.
- Operates from 850-1700 nm.
- Compatible with most AT&T and Corning optical fiber.
- Uses non-destructive, macro-bending technology.
- Detection sensitivity of -40 dBm.
- Bi-directional traffic indication.
- Live fiber identification.
- Core power measurement and display on a 2-digit LED display (FI-11).
- 270 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz modulated tones detection.
- Relative zero power reading (FI-11).
- Power loss through a splice or a connector measurement (FI-11).
- High-intensity LED indication of active signal transmission.
- Interchangeable adapter heads for jacketed, coated or ribbon fiber.
- Low battery indication.
- Operates using one hand.