Today VIAVI announces the release of a completely updated range of optical handheld fiber test tools, the SmartPocket V2. The sharp increase in the number of new fiber technicians tasked with fiber installation, construction, and maintenance duties is driving the need for a more capable cost-effective range of fiber tools. The SmartPocket V2 is a family of pocket sized optical handheld tools, that are rugged for field use, including the industries smallest, most compact wavelength (λ) selective PON power meter for G/E-PON and XGS-PON/10G-EPON deployments. Supported by the Mobile Tech App (MTA) for instant test result upload and inventory management, part of the StrataSync Test Process Automation (TPA) suite.
- Instant On, its ready when you are – no boot time
- No setup power measurement - OptiChek mode
- Super-fast multi-wavelength loss testing - approx. 1sec
- Huge storage capacity - >1000 results
- Always available – superior battery life, with multiple power options
- Cloud connectivity - result upload and asset inventory management
A new range of optical handheld power meters (broadband for general applications and λ selective for PON/FTTH), light sources and optical test kits for measuring optical power levels and insertion loss for both Single mode and Multimode networks. Suitable for network build and maintenance tasks for Enterprise/LAN, Metro (LAN/WAN), Access, and FTTx (e.g. Home/Antenna) applications, with standard and high-power level options for use in telecom, CATV, and military applications.