The VIAVI Solutions T/Rx is a Software Defined Transceiver (SDT) system that monitors, analyzes, records, and transmits Radio Frequency (RF) signals, providing capabilities needed to thoroughly understand and accurately replicate the Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS). T/Rx is a compact, rugged, all-weather transmitter/receiver platform that can be installed in a building structure, tower, backpack, vehicle, drone, or unmanned remote location. With its small size, modular design, and optional battery power, the T/Rx is well suited for both fixed installations and remote operation away from fixed installation sites. T/Rx is a network-enabled platform, allowing for command and control from any device on the network as well as collaboration between units. T/Rx SDT system performance and capabilities go above and beyond functionality found in typical, low-cost, low performance, Software Defined Radio (SDR) products. T/Rx SDT provides high performance RF combined with high-horsepower processing, eliminating RF artifacts and enabling advanced capabilities for critical applications where high fidelity, accuracy, wide bandwidth, and real-time capabilities are essential.
The T/Rx complements the Ranger system by providing a remote device that extends the Ranger's transmit, receive, and record capabilities to harsh environments and remote locations. T/Rx and Ranger share the same waveform file format, allowing files to be transferred between platforms over the network. Recordings and synthetic waveforms created on a Ranger and be transferred to T/Rx units to playback into the EMS. Recordings from remote locations, collected with T/Rx units, and be transferred to Ranger units for analysis and processing. Multiple T/Rx units can be used to create a realistic and dynamic simulated EMS environments and large-scale distributed monitoring capabilities. Both the Ranger and T/Rx platforms can be automated using the VIAVI EMS Sequencer software, allowing users to create transmit and receive scenarios that can be performed automatically and remotely. When used together, these VIAVI products provide a comprehensive capability to understand and control the EMS.
- Two independent receivers and two transmitters in each unit.
- Transmit and receive frequency range of 1 MHz to 18 GHz.
- Up to 400 MHz instantaneous signal bandwidth on each transmitter and receiver.
- Each receiver is independently programmable in frequency, gain, and bandwidth.
- Each transmitter is independently programmable in frequency, power, and signal waveform.
- Large waveform storage capacity for full bandwidth recording and playback.
- Quick setup and configuration, operational in a matter of minutes.
- Compatible with standard universal AC power, vehicle power, and battery power.
- BB2590 battery operation for extended field use.
- Compatible with Ranger Signal WorkShop™ waveform files.
- Compatible with Ranger EMS Sequencer (Vignette Planning & Execution) software.
- Mobile phone, tablet, or PC operation via network connection.
- Modular hardware structure for customizable configurations.
- Software Communications Architecture (SCA) framework for rapid deployment of new features and applications.
- Open modular architecture for easy integration into various platforms and systems
- Electromagnetic Environment Characterization and Simulation
- Sensors and Emitters for Test, Validation, and Training Ranges
- Commercial and Public Infrastructure Protection
- Electronic Warfare (EW) - Electronic Support (ES), Electronic Protection (EP), Electronic Attack (EA)
- Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) - Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Electronics Intelligence (ELINT)
- Multi Domain Operations (MDO)
- Customized RF Transmitter/Receiver Applications
T/Rx can be used in a wide variety of applications, with unique combinations of antenna requirements, network components, existing infrastructure, etc. VIAVI products are designed with these variations in mind, enabling convenient integration into larger systems. T/Rx is built on the Software Communications Architecture (SCA) SCA 4.1 core operating framework, utilizing an open architecture design which supports rapid development, system integration, and deployment. SCA operating framework allows T/Rx systems to be quickly integrated into range facilities for ground, airborne, CUAS, naval, and cyber based system validation and verification.
Contact VIAVI for assistance with your system integration needs.
The T/Rx System ships with the followiong standard accessories:
|Antenna Omni Broadband 30 MHz to 512 MHz
|Antenna Omni Broadband 500 MHz to 3 GHz
|Antenna Omni Broadband 2.3 GHz to 6 GHz
|GPS Stub Antenna Straight
|T/Rx Power Supply AC-DC 24V 300W
|AC Power Cable
|T/Rx UI Device Samsung S22 SmartPhone
|Galaxy S22 OPRTR Phone Case
|USB-C Power Delivery Quick Disconnect Cable
|Battery Charger BB2590
|Torque Wrench 5/16 8 inch-lbs
Contact VIAVI to purchase additional accessories.
T/Rx Base Configuration
VIAVI offers standard T/Rx configurations, custom configurations, and individual modules to meet all our customer needs. Contact VIAVI regarding custom product configurations.
T/Rx Base ManPack (22173653) consists of the following components:
- T/Rx Software Defined Transceiver 1MHz-18GHz
- T/Rx Battery Box
- T/Rx ManPack Kit
- T/Rx Manpack Accessories
The above components are also available for purchase as replacements for fielded units or custom use applications.
T/Rx Optional Configurations
VIAVI offers the following optional items to expand the operational capabilities of the T/Rx Base ManPack:
|T/Rx Power Amplifier 20MHz-800MHz
|T/Rx Power Amplifier 800MHz-6GHz
T/Rx Maintenance and Repair Care Plans
VIAVI offers warranty and T/Rx Maintenance and Repair Care Plans that include hardware and labor costs for repair, and annual certified calibrations performed at the factory during the duration of the service contract.
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards
VIAVI Care Support for Existing Equipment
FleetCare plans can be customized to include any service entitlements on your fleet of existing equipment. Please fill out a Service Contracts form for a quote.