The core principle of Open RAN is openness, enabling a diverse supplier ecosystem where different vendors can provide individual O-RAN components. Ensuring interoperability between these components is vital for a successful deployment. Manufacturers must guarantee their components work seamlessly with other vendors from the outset, while operators need to ensure compliance with specifications, end-to-end interoperability, and expected performance throughout the network.
Without suitable test tools, addressing interoperability issues is akin to searching for a needle in a haystack.
Interoperability issues can arise at multiple points in the network, so real-time analysis is necessary to locate them rapidly. The VIAVI XhaulAdvisor is a scalable tool running on COTS hardware and enables interoperability testing between equipment of different manufacturers.
It can be used with other VIAVI tools including TM500 and TeraVM to troubleshoot errors observed during end-to-end test case execution, rapidly flagging and isolating issues caused by Open Fronthaul timing, node configuration, or packet content.
The XhaulAdvisor enables:
- Check optical, signal frequency and Ethernet parameters
- Verify presence and bandwidth of all C/U-plane, S-plane and M-plane flows
- Analysis of PTP and C/U-plane timing critical to Open Fronthaul performance
- Observe RE/RB channel utilization of C/U-plane flows
- Display all M-plane sessions
- M-plane client available to directly interact with O-RU M-plane server and verify configuration
Key Operation Modes
- Setup in passive mode or through mode (placed between DU and RU)
- Analysis in Live mode or post-capture mode
- Synchronization can be achieved from open fronthaul or an external timing source
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards
VIAVI Automated Lab-as-a-Service for Open RAN (VALOR)
VIAVI Automated Lab-as-a-Service for Open RAN (VALOR) is a hybrid Lab-as-a-Service and Test-as-a-Service lab based on VIAVI’s industry leading NITRO® Wireless test portfolio. This solution is designed to manage and support 5G and Open RAN projects that would benefit from access to tools and expert staff with a minimal ramp-up time.