The VIAVI APM-424(V)5 easily accommodates a variety of aircraft, ground, and ship platforms to test transponder and interrogator performance. The APM-424(V)5 is a Mode 5 and ADS-B performance and capability upgrade to the TS-4530 and APM424 legacy test sets. The unit closely replicates legacy operation for utilization of existing procedures, making the APM-424(V)5 a cost effective, highly accurate upgrade to fielded test sets.
The APM-424 is offered in two standard configurations:
- APM-424(V)4 MK XII Test Set
- APM-424(V)5 MK XIIA Test Set
The APM-424(V)5 supports both DoD AIMS 04-900A Option A (KIV-78) and Option B (KIV-77) crypto appliqués.
Available through your GSA Supplier
NSN: 6625-01-600-6784 (APM-424(V)4)
NSN: 6625-01-583-2774 (APM-424(V)5 w/ KIV-77 adapter)
This product is controlled for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). A license from the U.S. Department of State is required prior to the export of this product from the United States.
These formerly Aeroflex offerings are now part of VIAVI. Click here for more on the acquisition and brand transition.
- DoD AIMS 03-1000A (Change Notes 1,2,3) Mark XIIA certified
- Supports DoD AIMS 04-900A Option A - KIV-78 and Option B - KIV-77, & SIT-2010 crypto appliqués.
- Transponder Test Modes 1,2,3/A, C, S (EHS/ELS), 4, Mode 5 (Level 1 and 2)
- Interrogator Test Modes 1, 2, 3/A, C, S, 4, Mode 5, TCAS, ETCAS (Level 1 and 2)
- DO-260B compliant; ADS-B Out test capability
- Accurate GPS time/date acquisition (via GPS antenna, crypto or manually)
- Hand-held and battery powered
- One piece, 3-button point and shoot Go/No-Go operation
- Parametric test results can be stored for downloading to a PC for review or maintenance logging
- Mode 5 TX/RX pulse measurement
- Mode 5 squitter data
- Mode 5 data acquisition formats 0-23
- TS-4542 Shipboard Interrogator test capability
- ADS-B Out testing
- KIV-77 & SIT-2010 support
- KIV-78 support