San Jose, Calif., October 10, 2017 – VIAVI Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) and Trilithic today announced that they will be promoting their combined value proposition for cable service providers at SCTE/ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2017. VIAVI acquired Trilithic on August 9, in a union of two complementary leaders in test and measurement for communication service providers. The two companies will be represented in Booths 1387 and 153 at the Colorado Convention Center, Denver, Colorado, October 18-20, 2017.
As bandwidth demand continues to increase worldwide, cable MSOs have started upgrading their networks to DOCSIS 3.1, increasing node splits and planning for Distributed Access Architectures (DAA) such as Remote PHY — changes which will create a whole new set of test and measurement challenges. VIAVI’s portfolio of fully featured field testers, lab systems and assurance solutions is now bolstered by Trilithic’s range of technician-friendly installation and troubleshooting instruments and leakage systems. The combination creates more scale to address markets globally, offering solutions in the headend/hub, network operating center and field, for in-house workforces and contractors.
Featured Solutions at Cable-Tec Expo
VIAVI and Trilithic will be demonstrating innovations in test and measurement for service providers and contractors, including:
- VIAVI XPERTrak, now featuring integrated plant leakage data leveraging the Trilithic leakage portfolio. This integration further extends XPERTrak’s ability to detect plant issues creating churn risk and provide the insight and tools to efficiently find and fix them.
- DAA return sweep and ingress suppression. By leveraging the DAA unit as a virtualized return spectrum/sweep receiver, XPERTrak enables continuity of critical maintenance capabilities using identical field instruments and processes as used with traditional nodes.
- OneExpert CATV GigE-capable modular instrument, powerful enough to meet service provider requirements, yet simple enough to help technicians and contractors work quickly and efficiently.
- Quick, full scan with QuickCheck Expert
- Test cable lengths and find home network components with HomeTDR
- Troubleshoot home WiFi networks with WiFi Advisor Smart Channel Wizard
- Characterize local coax networks to 1,600 MHz with SmartID
- Trilithic DSP120/180 signal level meter with all capabilities needed for independent contractors and installers at a price point well within reach for these workgroups.
- A new suite of fiber test solutions to address the migration of high-speed technologies from the core network closer to the home:
- VIAVI’s CWDM OTDR and DWDM OTDR modules enable technicians to efficiently install and maintain DWDM links using existing instruments.
- Updated Fiber to the Home (FTTH) solutions for all phases of the PON lifecycle such as SmartOTDR and FTTH-SLM.
- The industry’s broadest portfolio of multifiber test tools, including SmartClass Fiber MPOLx (MPO optical loss testing), FiberChek Sidewinder (MPO inspection) and the MPO Optical Switch Module (MPO OTDR certifying) for the T-BERD/ MTS-4000 platform.
- Complete Trilithic leakage portfolio including high-sensitivity instruments plus centralized server software to collect data and present actionable results and reports or maps.
- Reliable, NEBS-certified Trilithic Emergency Alert Systems (EAS) featuring support for cable, IP/OTT, and broadcast video providers.
Presentations at Cable-Tec Expo
VIAVI experts will be offering their perspectives during the Expo:
- Dave Hering, Product Line Manager, will present as part of Light Reading’s Breakfast Seminar, Virtualizing the Cable Architecture, Wednesday, October 18, 6:30-8:00am, Room 605/607.
- Rob Flask, Senior Product Line Manager, will speak about Business Services Track: SLA are You up to the Test? Thursday, October 19, 9:00-10:15am, Room 109/111/113.
“VIAVI and Trilithic have separately earned the trust of service providers around the world, and together we offer unmatched leadership in expertise, solutions and support,” said Kevin Oliver, Vice President and General Manager, Converged Instruments and Virtual Test, VIAVI Solutions. “As our customers build out Gigabit to the home and business using a combination of cable, fiber, copper, HFC and Wi-Fi, they can rely on a converged, cloud-based, contractor-friendly test and measurement portfolio from a single vendor to increase their workforce productivity.”
About VIAVI Solutions
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including VIAVI Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets. Learn more about VIAVI at www.viavisolutions.com. Follow us on VIAVI Perspectives, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.