The MPOLx provides a source and power meter that integrate essential test capabilities together to ensure a fast and reliable workflow when testing and certifying network links with native MPO connectivity.
With the MPOLx, field technicians can perform all the necessary test requirements for Tier 1 (Basic) certification in a single solution:
- Measure MPO length
- Measure optical loss
- Check polarity
- Inspect fiber end faces
- Generate certification reports
Drive best test practices by integrating essential functions together with the MPOLx and help technicians finish jobs faster by optimizing their workflow.
Test Results Summary
Individual Results: Polarity View
The MPOLx gives technicians the ability to achieve a completely new level of productivity for testing and certification. Like all our solutions for Tier 1 (Basic) fiber certification, identical local and remote units are provided to enable full visibility and control by performing tests from both the Light Source and Power Meter. All devices feature a 3.5” color touch screen and integrated inspection for both bulkhead and trunk connectors. The MPOLx allows a single technician to inspect MPO end faces and perform tests from either end of the connection, reducing walking back and forth between the two units.
The MPOLx ensures fast workflows by delivering comprehensive test results in less than 6 seconds for all 12 fibers of the connector providing color coded pass/fail test results, test limit, fiber length, test wavelengths, loss values, margins, and polarity results for each fiber.
- Fast and reliable test and certification workflow
- Full visibility and control at both the source and power meter
- Complete multi-fiber push on end face inspection and analysis at both ends. Learn more
- Integrates with FiberChekPRO
- Measures length
- Measures optical loss at multiple wavelengths
- Checks polarity for all 12 MPO fibers
- Provides native MPO testing directly on devices
- Delivers test results for all 12 MPO fibers in <6 seconds
- Provides native MPO end-face inspection and automated analysis for both trunk cables and bulkheads
- Dual wavelength optical light sources
- Encircled flux compliant
- 3.5” color touch screen interface on all MPOLx devices
- Generate certification reports
- All-day battery life
Find additional resources by visiting:
White Papers & Books
SmartClass Fiber Training
- Fiber Optic Fundamentals & Multi-Fiber Inspection, Cleaning, and Testing with the MPOLx & P5000i
- Multi-Fiber Insp., Cleaning, and Testing with the MPOLx & P5000i
- OLTS-85/85P Fiber Inspection, Cleaning, & Testing Technician Certification Exam
- SmartClass Fiber MPOLx Product Overview
- SmartClass Fiber MPOLx Patch Cord Microscope Overview
- SmartClass Fiber MPOLx Loss-Length Testing
- SmartClass Ethernet Basic Use & Testing (SPT)
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Device Overview
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Setting Up Fiber Inspection Test
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Performing the Fiber Inspection Test
- SmartClass Fiber HD4i-P5000i Configuring Profiles with FiberChekPro
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85 Product Overview
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85 Setting up and running a Tier 1 Test
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85 Setting up a Test Reference
- SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85/85P Performing a Loss Test
Product Training Options
Self-Paced Online Training and Certification
Learn to use the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week followed by a certification test upon completion of all modules.
Virtual Classroom and Certification
Instructor led Coursework: Learn from an expert Instructor from the convenience of your desk. Build your skill sets using VIAVI Solutions products to test various technologies with test and certification upon completion.
On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications
Instructor led Coursework: Build expertise using your VIAVI products in live lab exercises with test and certification upon completion. Utilize optional workshop days for field test on your network with your instructor.
Mentorship Consulting & System Admin Training
Instruments: Mentorship Test Procedure Consultation: Application Engineer Days. One of our test experts will come to your site and conduct testing with your team to troubleshoot stubborn problems or write up test procedures.