The SmartOTDR essential handheld fiber tester is an affordable, easy-to-use device for techs at any level, with robust wireless connectivity options that increase productivity anywhere. It integrates all the essential fiber test requirements into a single device with OTDR measurement, fiber end face analysis, optical loss testing and visual fault locator.
- Ensures fast and easy measurements
One touch operation, automatic analysis, and tailored OTDR user interface for different skill level
- Manage data from anywhere in the network
Several connectivity options (3G/4G smartphones via USB and optional Bluetooth/WiFi) enable remote control as well as data and work-order transfers to-and-from tablets, smartphones, and computers.
- Reduces cost of ownership
Three year warranty as standard coverage
- Optimizes field operations
Light, ultra compact, hands-free design and an extended autonomy up to 20 hours
- Remotely coach and support field techs with Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- Characterize point-to-point access & metro fiber networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot FTTH/PON networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot singlemode FTTA/DAS front haul
- Single-/dual-/tri-wavelength versions with 1310, 1550, and in-service 1625 or 1650 nm wavelengths
- PON optimized to test through a 1x128 splitter
- Automated fiber inspection pass/fail analysis software
- Integrated CW light source on OTDR port
- Built-in optical power meter and VFL options
- Large 5-inch touch screen display
This product is StrataSync-enabled
StrataSync is a hosted, cloud-based solution that provides asset, configuration, and test data management for VIAVI instruments and ensures all instruments have the latest software and options installed. StrataSync Base supports basic capabilities at no charge. Additional StrataSync subscription plans are available offering enhanced asset and test data management, workflow, KPI analytics and application programming interfaces (APIs).
Manuals & User Guides
White Papers & Books
Product Training Options
Self-Paced Online Training and Certification
Learn to use the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week followed by a certification test upon completion of all modules.
Virtual Classroom and Certification
Instructor led Coursework: Learn from an expert Instructor from the convenience of your desk. Build your skill sets using VIAVI Solutions products to test various technologies with test and certification upon completion.
On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications
Instructor led Coursework: Build expertise using your VIAVI products in live lab exercises with test and certification upon completion. Utilize optional workshop days for field test on your network with your instructor.
Mentorship Consulting & System Admin Training
Instruments: Mentorship Test Procedure Consultation: Application Engineer Days. One of our test experts will come to your site and conduct testing with your team to troubleshoot stubborn problems or write up test procedures.