The SmartOTDR essential handheld fiber tester is an affordable, easy-to-use device for techs at any level, with robust wireless connectivity options that increase productivity anywhere. It integrates all the essential fiber test requirements into a single device with OTDR measurement, fiber end face analysis, optical loss testing and visual fault locator. Learn more about OTDR Testing and Fiber Testing.
- Ensures fast and easy measurements
One touch operation, automatic analysis, and tailored OTDR user interface for different skill level
- Manage data from anywhere in the network
Several connectivity options (3G/4G smartphones via USB and optional Bluetooth/WiFi) enable remote control as well as data and work-order transfers to-and-from tablets, smartphones, and computers.
- Reduces cost of ownership
Three year warranty as standard coverage
- Optimizes field operations
Light, ultra compact, hands-free design and an extended autonomy up to 20 hours
- Remotely coach and support field techs with Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- Characterize point-to-point access & metro fiber networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot FTTH/PON networks
- Qualify and troubleshoot singlemode FTTA/DAS front haul
- Single-/dual-/tri-wavelength versions with 1310, 1550, and in-service 1625 nm wavelengths
- PON optimized to test through a 1x128 splitter
- Automated fiber inspection pass/fail analysis software
- Integrated CW light source on OTDR port
- Built-in optical power meter and VFL options
- Large 5-inch touch screen display
This product is StrataSync-enabled
StrataSync is a hosted, cloud-based solution that provides asset, configuration, and test data management for VIAVI instruments and ensures all instruments have the latest software and options installed. StrataSync Core supports the OneExpert platform at no charge. StrataSync Plus is also available for enhanced data management capability.