The TeraVM is a family of products that enables network equipment manufacturers and service providers to efficiently test mobile RAN and Core Network elements at scale, with its fully virtualized architecture TeraVM runs on x86 Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) hardware or in the cloud, providing a repeatable and consistent test environment, available without the need for engineers to enter the test lab.
The most recent addition to this family of products is the first-to-market TeraVM O-CU Tester, this O-CU subsystem test solution delivers a complete wraparound testing framework for the O-CU with TeraVM’s stateful emulation capabilities, ensuring that the O-CU can be robustly tested and optimized for high-quality and performance in a deterministic, repeatable and reproducible manner.
TeraVM O-CU Tester for O-CU subsystem test can emulate:
- Over the F1 interfaces - network topology and slice aware UE sessions and the O-DUs testing the O-CU (device under test) with stateful 3GPP and O-RAN compliant F1-C and F1-U sessions and procedures
- Over the X2 (NSA EN-DC) and Xn (SA) interfaces – eNB and gNBs testing the O-CU (DUT) with stateful 3GPP compliant X2-C/U and Xn-C/U sessions and procedures
- Over the S1 (NSA EN-DC) and NG (SA) interfaces – EPC (EN-DC capable) and 5G SBA Core with stateful 3GPP compliant S1-MME/S1-U and NG-C/U sessions and procedures
- Complex application traffic flows emulation traversing over the established 4G core PDN sessions and 5G Core network slices and PDU sessions
TeraVM O-CU Tester for O-CU subsystem test validates that the O-CU works:
- According to 3GPP standards and O-RAN C-plane and U-plane profiles
- Interoperates with other 5G and O-RAN network functions and components
- Performs optimally when fully loaded with complex mobile traffic profiles
TeraVM O-CU Tester performs these tests by emulating many O-DUs and UEs to generate 5G control plane and/or user plane traffic to test the O-CU. The ability to emulate high data rates and large numbers of O-DUs is vital as the O-CU is the first data aggregation point between the RAN and the Core.
VIAVI portfolio of O-RAN compliant solutions are helping Network Equipment Manufacturers validate their products according to the O-RAN standards as well as supporting Service Providers wishing to verify the interoperability and performance under load of these components before deployment.
- X86 Server based HW gives flexibility for multiple users to share the test system increasing the ROI
- Highly scalable reducing hardware obsolescence issues
- Works seamlessly with sister products TM500 and TeraVM so that engineers familiar with other VIAVI products have a faster ramp-up time
- Works with TeraVM Core Emulator and vRAN Emulator to enable O-CU testing to be done in a stable and constant environment giving increased reliability and boosting productivity by avoiding the constant changes to a real core
- Automation and scripting to speed up testing and thereby also increase engineering productivity and optimize customer experience
- First to market O-CU wraparound test compliant with latest 3GPP, O-RAN standards
- Runs in lightweight VM on standard COTS hardware
- CI/CD Automation Integration
- Functional Testing
- Performance, Capacity Testing
- Supports Open source automation tools such as Jenkins
- Optional Core Emulator, vRAN Emulator
O-RAN Plugfest Participation
White Papers & Books
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards