VIAVI products deliver on the key performance criteria we need... Our in-depth collaboration will provide the market with high-quality and stable small cell networks, and help usher in 5G industry applications.
End-to-end solutions for lab validation, network implementation, and optimization once installed. Across 5G, Fiber, and Cloud. All with one partner, VIAVI.
Deliver the quality that counts with intelligent network insights from VIAVI.
25% of the world population is now covered by 5G, and rising to 75% by 2027, according to Ericsson Mobility report 2022. It is the fastest deployed generation of mobile technology to date.
5G is simply digital communication taken to the next level. The improvements offered are not just a step-change, but revolutionary. Coverage, speed, security, and capacity are increased exponentially. For industry and milli-second dependent manufacturing processes, the benefits are vital. From private users to global organizations, 5G transforms digital communication from an unreliable bet to a bankable asset, one that will be reflected on the bottom line.
As wireless networks are opening-up and migrating to the Cloud, complexity also increases. This requires a higher level of certainty that high performance and interoperability are guaranteed. A Cloud-native and holistic approach to the network, with coverage from lab to field to assurance is the key to dependable and fail-safe 5G.
VIAVI open and cloud hardware together with sophisticated software and user-friendly analytic tools provide the means to deliver faultless results across all three stages of implementation. As the workforce adapts, broadening its ‘IT’ skills to handle the advanced software, data intelligence, data science or machine learning, the knowledge that a network has been thoroughly tested and optimized proves an investment that pays off handsomely.
Turn your 5G network from good to great by:
- Validating components and design in the lab
- Verifying that live results meet field requirements
- Optimizing Quality of Service through expansion of network intelligence solutions
The Customer Experience
Whether you are communication service provider (CSP), network equipment manufacturer (NEM), a cloud operator, or a contractor, with superior validation, verification & visibility solutions you can embed top quality in every part of the network. The financial upside of properly administered testing at points of “least cost impact” is obvious. Emergency intervention, once a network is theoretically up and running, racks up expense in unplanned time, energy and the resource demanded.
The end-to-end quality journey begins in the Lab, where each new RAN, Core, and Fiber element of the 5G network is developed.
- With knowledge across multi-vendor, cloud-native and open networks, we ensure that performance and feasibility testing are executed rigorously, to anticipate implementation challenges in the real world.
VIAVI field verification solutions help to avoid shortfalls and boost network capabilities during the installation, commissioning, and acceptance phase. Fiber underpins 5G networks all the way to the base station. Ensuring that it works smoothly is crucial to the entire 5G customer experience, including Timing and Synchronization testing.
- Our simple and intuitive installation, maintenance and troubleshooting tools help technicians to perform the work correctly, first time, in full and be paid accordingly, as well as more swiftly.
Once up and running, the network can be further monitored and optimized, using sensitive assurance solutions from the VIAVI portfolio.
We are VIAVI
Awards & Recognition
- Capgemini - We deliver together an industry-leading 5G and O-RAN lab test capability, powered by VIAVI O-RAN Lab as a Service (LaaS).
- Ericsson - VIAVI brings its Geolocation Capabilities to the Ericsson Intelligent Automation Platform
- Rohde & Schwarz - Joint offering of O-RAN Radio Unit Conformance Test Solution. O-RU Test Manager Delivers Unified User Experience, combining both companies’ Test Solutions
- ServiceNow - VIAVI Integrates Automated End User Experience Scoring and Problem Domain Isolation with ServiceNow
Like in 5G, the importance of industry collaboration in accelerating R&D/testing approaches/deployment of 6G remain strong. We were the first to invest in 4G, and quickly developed our product lines to support in the testing and validating of 5G networks and features. Testing the interactions between 4G and 5G, and comprehensive testing of mobility scenario support over NSA and SA, for instance, are crucial for the successful roll-out of new services. Working with other leaders in the field, we’re helping to develop a solid business case for 6G.
Digital Twin Solutions
The Challenge Facing Operators
New architectures, growing network complexity, frequent software updates and managing cybersecurity are just some of the challenges that operators need to manage. Not to mention how best to utilize AI/ML and maximize the returns from open and virtualized architectures, edge computing and cloud offload.
With so many variables, testing this effectively and making sense of the large amounts of performance data that the network generates is a major headache.
The VIAVI Solution
VIAVI TM500 and TeraVM solutions emulate base stations, core networks and real-world traffic. These can be used to simulate, predict and forecast the behavior of its real-world counterpart. The VIAVI Digital Twins combine tools such as RAN and Core emulators, assurance solutions, realistic traffic scenarios, and cyber threats to mirror an operator’s network in the lab, allowing network changes and challenges to be planned and implemented and results analyzed before action is taken on the live network.
Using Digital Twins can reduce business risk in multiple ways:
- Test software updates and new services in a safe environment to prevent failures when deployed in the live network
- Run ‘what if’ analysis without the risks of experimenting using real subscribers.
- Prevent cyber-attacks and leverage mitigation strategies to understand the exact consequences on the network and subscribers.
- Automate testing of network operations, while driving intelligent and business-based decision-making to maximize ROI.
Sample Use Cases
Use Case 1
SW patch roll out. Prior to rolling out a SW patch in a network, run automated scenarios over a weekend on a digital twin of the network. Run realistic traffic volumes, RAN scenarios reflective of the live network and ensure no issues arise.
Use Case 2
Cyberthreat detection. New cyberthreats are uncovered daily with many directly related to SW running in a telco network. Use the Digital Twin to add cyber malware and threats in with real traffic to ensure the firewalls continue to protect.
Be Confident that the Digital Twin is Realistic
- TM500 is the de facto Base Station test tool that has been proven against almost all manufacturers.
Prove AI/ML Algorithms and Network Performance Applications
- VIAVI RAN Scenario Generator allows creation of large amounts of real-world traffic models to train and validate app vendors, operators and labs.
Comprehensive Emulation of All Network Elements
- VIAVI emulates UE, BTS, RAN, Core, Core Elements, O-DU, O-CU, O-RU and RIC.
Real Traffic Generation and Cyberthreats
- Scale to millions of users with tailored traffic mix and add cyber threats from up-to-date database.
Three Steps to Full 5G
Our portfolio of 5G solutions addresses the entire network lifecycle, from pre-deployment testing in the lab, through implementation of ‘turnup’, to assurance and optimization.
Lab Validation includes RAN to Core functional, performance, and conformance testing solutions for interoperable 4G, 5G, and O-RAN wireless communication network elements. You can emulate thousands of users and different services to exercise and validate the RAN and Core.
Field Verification solutions include antenna alignment, fiber and coax verification, real-time spectrum and interference analysis, X-haul validation, and PIM detection.
For those planning cell sites with granular geolocation and looking to integrate verified xhaul, transport, fiber and RF in an automated test process, VIAVI tools can be deployed securing full operation form the ‘get-go’.
Network Visibility incorporates monitoring, maintenance, and optimization solutions to deliver real-time intelligence across Fiber, Transport or RAN-2-Core Network.
As operators are looking to deploy a virtualized cloud-native 5G Core to support more verticals, VIAVI continues to evolve core assurance for this domain. We also deliver Customer Experience assurance and optimization, along with data science analytics for all technologies including 5G. A particular highlight is our patented 5G, three-dimensional GEO location capability that we can couple with our antenna alignment tool.