The VIAVI TM500 O-RU Tester covers a wide range of test capabilities, allowing customers to ensure conformance, inter-operability and performance testing including real-time generation of the O-RAN Control/User/Synchronization/Management plane messaging for the IQ data stream. The TM500 O-RU Tester supports inter-operability validation for different vendor O-RUs, addressing key challenges seen with testing within the O-RAN test framework.
The TM500 O-RU Tester implements the O-RAN Distributed Unit (O-DU) side of the M-plane and C/U-plane functionality necessary to configure the interface with the O-RAN Radio Unit (O-RU) under test and exchange of I/Q data over the U-plane. The solution provides S-plane PTP and SyncE Grandmaster capability as well as being able to operate in PTP client mode to allow synchronization with an external PTP Grandmaster.
The TM500 O-RU Tester NETCONF client supports stateful M-plane. The O-DU cycles through typical M-plane procedures and establishes a link with the O-RU. The O-DU emulator’s C/U-plane engine generates real-time eCPRI packets from downlink signal generated by the Vector Signal Generator (VSG). eCPRI packets are transported to O-RU via the Open Fronthaul interface. Vector Signal Explorer (VSE) software and a Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA) support the analysis of downlink signal from the O-RU’s transceiver port.
O-RAN Plugfest ParticipationLearn More
The O-RU receives uplink signal via O-RU’s Rx port from VSG. Uplink U-plane eCPRI packets are transported to the O-DU emulator via the Open Fronthaul interface in response to the Uplink focused C-plane packets received by O-RU. Frequency domain uplink signal is analyzed using VSE software. The TM500 O-RU Test Manager Application (TMA) follows the philosophy of single point of control where it enables the user to configure, manage, analyze and generate test case reports all from same application.
- Wide Test Capability
- Works seamlessly with the industry-standard TM500 and TeraVM Core Emulator
- Re-uses a derivative of the TM500 and software, reducing risks of integration, providing quality, stability and ensuring most importantly that the inter-operability and performance test
- Conformance Testing
- O-RAN Fronthaul Testing
- 5G Physical Layer Testing
- NETCONF Client to support Start-Up and get/edit configuration of M-plane attributes in the O-RU under test
- O-RAN C/U-plane functionality to exchange I/Q data over Lower Layer Split 7-2x interface
- Real time C/U-plane eCPRI packets generation
- Embedded protocol analyzer for OFH traffic analysis
- C/U-plane messaging support with eCPRI over Ethernet
- PTP/SyncE Grandmaster + PTP Client for Synchronization with external PTP Master
- OFH interface connectivity monitoring
- Wide range of synchronization topologies
- Multiple options for stimulus waveform generation
White Papers & Books
Repair & Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards