Factory standards to ensure accuracy
VIAVI Calibrates to TL9000 factory standards to ensure your instrument is certified to measure accurately, as it did when it came off the factory line. Instruments that are out of calibration will produce unreliable measurements and can create false passing or false failing test results that often cause your team repeat work. We maintain, polish and clean all fiber connectors, fix pigtail connections that are internal to the product to ensure all ports stay in good working order and upgrade software / firmware to the latest approved release to enable enhancements. VIAVI Care Plans are the most cost-effective way to plan for calibration with a low, discounted price at the time of instrument purchase, however fixed rate calibration can be purchased at a later date on a separate purchase order.
- Ensure accurate measurements that meet calibration and service level agreements, ISO and TL standards for network test procedures.
- Ensure all test transmission signals work properly to avoid issues such as not reaching full line rate testing rate required to validate service bandwidth, speed and quality of service (QoS).
- Maintain ports and connectors to keep test transmissions working properly and to extend the life of the instrument. For example, if optical connectors and, lasers are bad or electrical/RF interface ports are loose after years of connection cycles, OTDR, TDR, and Radio Frequency measurements will not work properly.
- When doing construction, installation and activation work that must be certified, all network components typically must be tested with a certified, calibrated instrument to preserve warranty from manufacturer, such as fiber optic cable manufactures.
- Accurate RF frequencies and optical wavelengths are critical to meet measurement specifications. If using these to validate network elements, power levels, transmission rates, out of specification tools will prevent validation of network elements and signals.