For the purposes of these U.S. Disclosures, personal information does not include publicly available information or deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to you.
Your Privacy Choices
Depending on your state of residency, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- The Right to Know. The right to confirm whether we are processing personal information about you and, under California law only, to obtain certain personalized details about the personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The purposes for which the personal information were collected;
- The categories of personal information disclosed to third parties (if any), and the categories of recipients to whom the personal information were disclosed;
- The categories of personal information shared for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes (if any), and the categories of recipients to whom the personal information were disclosed for those purposes; and
- The categories of personal information sold (if any), and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information were sold.
- The Right to Access and Portability. The right to obtain access to the personal information we have collected about you and, where required by law, the right to obtain a copy of the personal information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance.
- The Right to Request Deletion. The right to request the deletion of personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Correction. The right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal information be corrected, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of your personal information.
- The Right to Opt Out of Sales or Sharing for Targeted Advertising. The right to direct us not to “sell” personal information we have collected about you to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration, or “share” your personal information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. If you are under the age of 16, you have the right to opt in, or to have a parent or guardian opt in on your behalf, to such sales.
- The Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to direct us to limit the use of your sensitive personal information to certain purposes, including to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably by an average consumer who requests those goods or services.
- The Right to Control Over Automated Decision-Making / Profiling. The right to direct us not to use automated decision-making or profiling for certain purposes.
Depending on your state of residency, you may also have the right to not receive retaliatory or discriminatory treatment in connection with a request to exercise the above rights. However, the exercise of the rights described above may result in a different price, rate or quality level of product or service where that difference is reasonably related to the impact the right has on our relationship or is otherwise permitted by law.
How to Exercise Your Privacy Rights
To submit a request to exercise one of the privacy rights identified above, please submit a request by:
When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, or phone number. We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to verify your identity. We will only use personal information provided in connection with a Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems. If we are unable to comply with all or a portion of your request, we will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.
Exercise Your Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales or Sharing for Targeted Advertising
Unless you have exercised your Right to Opt-Out, and as described in the Disclosure of Personal information section of these U.S. Disclosures, we may disclose or “sell” your personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration, or “share” your personal information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. The third parties to whom we sell or share personal information may use such information for their own purposes in accordance with their own privacy policies.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your Right to Opt-Out. However, we may ask you to provide additional personal information so that we can properly identify you to track compliance with your opt-out request. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request. If you choose not to provide this information, we may only be able to process your request to the extent we are able to identify you in our data systems.
To exercise the Right to Opt-Out, you may submit a request by clicking the links below:
- Opt-Out of “Selling” of Personal Information. In limited circumstances we may share your personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number) with third parties who may use such information for their own commercial or business purposes. To opt out of such sharing, please fill out our Individual Rights Request Form.
In certain circumstances, you are permitted to use an authorized agent (as that term is defined by the CCPA) to submit requests on your behalf through the designated methods set forth in these U.S. Disclosures where we can verify the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf.
For requests to know, delete, or correct personal information, we require the following for verification purposes:
- (a) a power of attorney valid under the laws of California from you or your authorized agent; or
- (b) sufficient evidence to show that you have:
- 1. provided the authorized agent signed permission to act on your behalf; and
- 2. verified your own identity directly with us pursuant to the instructions set forth in these U.S. Disclosures; or directly confirmed with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request on your behalf.
For requests to opt-out of personal information “sales” or “sharing”, we require a signed permission demonstrating your authorized agent has been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Appealing Privacy Rights Decisions
Depending on your state of residency, you may be able to appeal a decision we have made in connection with your privacy rights request. All appeal requests should be submitted using the Individual Rights Request Form.
- Colorado Residents: If your appeal is denied, you may contact the Colorado Attorney General to address your concerns here.
- Connecticut Residents: If your appeal is denied, you may contact the Connecticut Attorney General to submit a complaint here.
- Virginia Residents: If your appeal is denied, you may contact the Virginia Attorney General to submit a complaint here.
Do Not Track
Viavi Solutions Inc. does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.