The VIAVI Compact Photonic Tools offer a new portfolio of point solutions for fiber optic test applications.
The cLED-A1 provides a compact, intuitive light emitting diode (LED) source designed to enable applications ranging from simple continuity verification and insertion loss testing to integration into process automation equipment designed for alignment.
The integrated multiplexer and single optical output found in the cLED greatly simplifies the optical connections and calibrations. To compensate for downstram wavelength-dependent loss, each wavelength can be individually controlled and attenuated up to 7 dB with 0.01 dB resolution.
A simple, intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) and keypad minimizes training requirements. A universal serial bus (USB) interface may be used for test automation interfacing to a PC.
- Serves as a basic light source for laboratory use
- Performs insertion loss testing of passive optical components
- Performs insertion loss testing of optical connectors and cables
- Provides light sources for automated alignment stations
- Provides two key datacom wavelengths (850 and 1300 nm)
- Combines two LED’s onto a single output
- Adjustable output power
- Selectable continuous wave or modulated output power