The 8300A FST is an essential part of the system for comprehensive sweep capability in the 1G DSP and 860 DSPi field analyzers.
- Forward SpeedSweep Transmitter
- Fast sweep update, even with high concentration of digital channels
- Measures active system carriers plus injected sweep to obtain high sweep frequency resolution, especially digital carriers
- Complete plant maintenance solution for 1G DSP and 860 DSPi field analyzers
- Comprehensive best-in-class measurement functionality in a sweep-capable meter
The 8300A FST is rack-mounted in the headend and generates a sweep that steps around system carriers to avoid interference, filling in vacant spectrum areas for a complete view of the network frequency response.
The 1G DSP and 860 DSP (with FS-1 option) receives the sweep and based on the measured sweep and system carrier levels plots the frequency response. The response is then compared to a stored reference to provide a difference display with the goal of the network design being unity gain from amplifier output to amplifier output, the ideal response will be as flat as possible. The sweep test provides a measure of the RF transmission characteristics of the network between the transmitter and the receiver, and is used as a day-to-day maintenance tool for the RF portion of the HFC network.