The switch connects one or two channels to one of several (up to eight) channels. Both single-mode (SM) and multimode (MM) versions are available. This switch is also available in multi-pack configurations, for example 2 x 4, 2 x 6, 2 x 8 D configuration (Duplex 1 x 2, 1 x 3, 1 x 4).
While in operation, the switch connects optical channels by using prisms to redirect the signal from an input port into a selected output port. Using collimating optics minimizes the insertion loss (IL) and improves the repeatability and stability of the optical parameters. The switches are optically passive, and therefore, are transparent to signaling formats. Configurations can be manufactured for bi-directional performance as a factory option.
- Incorporation into customized switch assemblies for test and measurement applications
- Network monitoring and testing
- Sensor switching
- Source/detection selection
- Research and development (R&D)
- High optical performance
- High repeatability
- Latching or non-latching
- Field configurable default non-latch channel
- Wide choice of configurations
- Off position (optional)
- Status feedback
- Common package size for all configurations