The STM-4/OC-12/STM-1/OC-3 LIM (J6810B) helps network professionals isolate and resolve network problems quickly on SONET and SDH networks.
- Can be used with the Network Analyzer - Wireline Protocol Test (J6840), Protocol Analysis Probe - DNA (J6801B) and Protocol Analysis Probe - DNA MX (J6802B) platforms.
- Hot-swappable - a LIM can be removed safely while an application is running and another LIM inserted in its place; the current application terminates and the user can launch another suitable application for the new LIM without having to power down and restart the analyzer.
Sub-channel analysis capabilities enable analysis and troubleshooting on thousands of trunks and channels from a single Network Analyzer connected to a single test access port.
Directly lower the cost of network maintenance by reducing costly resources:
- Replace hundreds of DS-1 and DS-3 test access ports with one STM-4/OC-12 test access port
- Replace multiple analyzers and probes and with one Network Analyzer
- Reduce the management network require to support multiple analyzers and probes
- Reduce operations time required to repeatedly connect, configure, re-connect, re-configure test equipment
- STM-4/OC-12/STM-1/OC-3 LIM (J6810B) Features
- Dual-rate STM-4/OC-12 (622Mbps) and STM-1/OC-3 (155Mbps) interface connects to SDH and SONET networks
- 100% full line-rate capture
- Sub-channel analysis on multiple ATM and WAN technologies, including ISDN
- ATM and Packet over SONET bulk-rate analysis
- Real-time AAL-2 and AAL-5 reassembly on up to 4096 virtual channels
- Full rate cell mode and frame mode ATM generation and ATM Ping at 622 Mb/s and 155 Mb/s
- Real-time expert analysis, traffic and performance statistics, and protocol decodes
- Single-mode and multi-mode fiber supported with LC connectors
- Auto-discovery of the VPI-VCIs of up to 4,096 ATM virtual channels
- Hardware filtering for capture and analysis based on VPI-VCI
- Real-time line status and statistics
- ATM Policing, Traffic Contract Estimation and 1-point CDV on multiple virtual circuits simultaneously
- Supports new J6828A Four-port STM-1/OC-3 LIM Multiplexer
- Performs optical power measurements on each optical receiver