The TestPoint 1Gbps single-slot Module provides two ports for optical/electrical Ethernet (10 Megabit to 1 Gigabit) or 1/2/4 G FC with a strong focus on lower-layer testing. Licensed options control the available protocols and line rates.
Both ports may be used concurrently with each being independently controlled. For the convenience of changing wavelengths and protocols, small form-factor pluggable (SFP) optical/electrical interfaces are used. Traffic generation of up to 128 streams is provided on all supported Ethernet rates.
The TestPoint 1Gbps Module can be inserted into multiple scalable chassis options which include the highly compact TS-10 configuration. Up to sixteen 1Gbps Modules can be inserted into the TS-170 for a total of 32 test ports in a single chassis.
- Controls two independent ports
- Tests rates up to 4 G on one module: 1/2/4 G Fibre Channel (FC), Optical Gigabit Ethernet (GigE), 10/100/1000BaseT, 100BaseFX
- Captures 8B/10B PCS and MAC traffic
- Generates 128 unique traffic streams with multiple protocols: Stacked VLAN (Q-in-Q), MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP
- Executes RFC 2544 test suite on both Ethernet and FC