The VIAVI V-Series LIM (J6820B) helps network professionals isolate and resolve network problems quickly. It can be used with the Network Analyzer - Wireline Protocol Test (J6840), Protocol Analysis Probe - DNA (J6801B), and the Protocol Analysis Probe - DNA MX (J6802B) platforms.
Note: Generation at the first software release is limited to through-mode repeater functionality. Other generation functionality will be available in a subsequent software release.
- Hot-swappable - the LIM can be removed safely while an application is running and another LIM inserted in its place; the current application terminates and the user can launch another suitable application for the new LIM without having to power down and restart the analyzer
- Can be configured through the use of external J6757A Monitor/Simulate Cable options to interface to a wide variety of V-Series Interfaces at data rates up to 10 Mb/s via a DB-37 connector
- Has two receivers to provide bi-directional monitoring capability
- Analysis at all layers of Frame Relay, HDLC/SDLC and PPP traffic
- Real-time line status and statistics
- Cable coding provides indication of interface type on-screen and for data logging purposes
- Electrical pulse amplitude measurements on each receiver