The VIAVI Xgig 40G Ethernet analyzer is a versatile, state-of-the-art solution for monitoring and analyzing live traffic of a wide range of Ethernet protocols including FCoE, FIP, data center bridging (DCB), IEEE802.1Qx, TCP/IP, iSCSI, RPC/NFS, SMB/CIFs, AoE, iWARP, and RoCE. The hardware is based on the VIAVI high-end Xgig 5000 platform and the 8-port 10G Ethernet blade that can be configured as 2-port for 40G Ethernet. The chassis hosts up to four such blades and the analyzer uses a comprehensive suite of analysis software applications to provide a unique platform—a platform that offers the advanced multi-protocol, multi-application, and multi-channel capabilities users need to troubleshoot high-speed storage and networking applications.
- Enables capital expense sharing with 10G test platform
- Provides industry's most powerful trace capabilities and most trusted FCoE, DCB and iSCSI protocol analysis
- Accelerates development with patented search and filtering capabilities
- Provides the capabilities of large-scale network analysis: multi-nodes, multi-hops and inter-switch-link (ISL) trunk
- Supports Wireshark trace format
- Accelerates design and manufacture through accurate, fast, and comprehensive analysis of next-generation 40G FCoE storage and networking equipment
- Validates crucial development, integration, and interoperability between mixed protocol and legacy SAN environments