Optical Network Monitoring System (ONMSi) increases workforce productivity and facilitates the management of fiber optic networks with fewer technicians through fiber remote testing and accurate fiber plant documentation. The system accurately detects and locates fiber degradation, alerting operators and managers with the details of faults. Measurement schedules allow network operators to assess long term fiber performance to form the basis of efficient asset management. Find more fiber monitoring products and resources.
- FAST: ONMSi monitors the network 24/7 and alarms when there is a problem, automatically and accurately quantifies and locates the problem, then dispatches the technician right to the site – ALL within minutes!
- SCALABLE: ONMSi allows users to start small and then expand at any rate needed
- COMPREHENSIVE: ONMSi supports both P2P (Metro/Core/Access) & P2MP (PON) networks – all the way to the ONT
- PROVEN: ONMSi has a strong track record with over 250 optical networks currently being monitored
- FLEXIBLE: ONMSi is designed to be easily integrated within customer orgatization (web enabled application, multiple API, domains architecture)
- Optical Network Troubleshooting for both P2P and P2MP networks
- SLA management (improves MTTR and proves results)
- Network security (detects intrusion)
- Network construction (reduces test time & staff, keeps track of test records)
- Instant view of optical network performance
- Fiber health (temperature and strain) and optical performance monitoring for Submarine Cable Networks
- Large range of Test modules and Optical switches
- Scalable system from one to hundreds of test probes
- Multiple dashboards for instant network and system diagnostics
- Domain architecture for organizational flexibility
- Alarm notification by e-mail, SMS, Web Services or SNMP; compliant with OSS-J and ITU-X733
- 100% web based in a secure environment
- Single GUI (Graphical User Interface) for map and monitoring display
- Detects fiber faults all the way to the subscriber
- Locates faults smarter (associates network landmarks information)
Part of The VIAVI Remote PHY Solution
This product is part of the comprehensive VIAVI Remote PHY turn-up and maintenance solution enabling seamless transitions from legacy to distributed access architectures.