VIAVI Solutions introduces new optical fiber meter for “right the first time” installs
VIAVI announces the launch of the Optimeter, a brand-new optical fiber meter specifically developed to address the challenges faced with PON/FTTH customer installs.
The Optimeter delivers full certification of the last mile drop installation and turn-up with on-the-go troubleshooting to improve first time install success rate while reducing unnecessary handovers, drop fiber replacements and repeat truck rolls. Ensuring that PON/FTTX last mile installation and maintenance happens right - the first time, it can be the make-or-break difference between turning a profit on new customer installations or suffering a loss due to delayed customer revenue or churn.
- Optical fiber meter for inspection, power measurement and fault finding
- No training required, ramp up new techs faster
- All information on a single screen for instant fault diagnosis
- Determine ONT/ONU connectivity without premise access
- Clear fault ownership, end-to-end and splitter continuity check (pat. pend.)
- Auto saved results with on-board report generation (.pdf) tied to work order
- Direct submission of results to StrataSync Test Process Automation suite
Optimeter combines all the key features and capabilities to enable installers to certify the last mile drop is good, identify and locate any issues and determine if it is their responsibility to fix while still on site or hand off to the correct repair team.