The Viavi Multichannel Backreflection Meter performs a wide range of singlemode (SM) or multimode (MM) backreflection and loss measurement functions, ranging from single component testing to automated multifiber testing. The primary functions of high sensitivity backreflection measurements and power measurements can be augmented by adding multiple output ports and multiple internal light sources.
The meter is available with 1, 4, 12 or 24 output ports. A multidisplay mode lets the viewer see multiple test results at a glance.
The meter is used for single fiber and ribbon fiber connector measurements. The use of hybrid jumpers allow a quick change of the connector type without limiting the backreflection range. The meter is also available with 2 or 3 internal sources for measurements at 850, 1310, 1490, 1550 or 1625 nm.
The 3-mm InGaAs detector is particularly useful for high sensitivity single fiber applications. The 5-mm Ge detector is an economical solution for measurements of ribbon fiber connectors and can accurately measure connectors with up to 8 MM and 12 SM fibers. The large surface 10-mm InGaAs detector is ideal for measurements of larger fiber count ribbon connectors, and can be used with wavelengths extending in the L-band. One FC detector adapter is supplied with the unit, and other adapters, such as MTP/MPO or MU for ribbon fiber connector types, are also available.
The meter is supplied with one calibrated hybrid jumper for calibration purposes and one hybrid test jumper for measurement purposes. Both jumpers are equipped with an FC/APC connector on one end (for the output port of the meter) and an FC/PC connector on the other end. Uncalibrated hybrid jumpers for measurements with other connector types are also available.
- SM fiber connector and component testing
- Ribbon fiber measurements
- MM fiber connector testing
- No deadzone
- SM and MM models available
- Measurements at 850, 1310, 1490, 1550 or 1625 nm
- Integrated switch included in the calibration
- Multidisplay mode
- Industry leading backreflection range
- Complies to CE requirements plus UL3101-1 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 1010.1. Meets the requirements of Class 1 in standard IEC 60825-1(2002) and complies with 21CFR1040.10 except deviations per Laser Notice No. 50, July 2001.