RCATS - Remote Cellular Active Test System is a patented end-to-end service quality monitoring solution for wireless service providers. Utilizing a distributed architecture of probes, test controllers and SIM servers, the RCATS solution automatically tests a variety of voice, data, messaging, and billing services from an end-user perspective. The solution is typically deployed across multiple geographic locations, providing a consolidated view of service quality and detailed reports for each individual service and geographical location.
The RCATS solution is mature, reliable, and widely-deployed by many of the world’s leading wireless operators, all of whom face enormous pressure to attract and retain subscribers through new service offerings and improved network quality. As the leading solution for end-to-end service quality monitoring for wireless networks, RCATS enables these operators to meet this challenge with real-time, network-wide performance and availability information, enabling them to increase service quality, increase revenue, reduce costs, and improve customer satisfaction.
On GSM networks the RCATS solution enables wireless service providers to validate voice and data roaming through a centralized SIM server that virtually loads operator-specific SIMs into remote probes located in roaming locations. The solution proactively alerts network administrators to service issues and provides critical information necessary to resolve the problem. The solution is centrally administered through a multi-user Web portal and supports interactive on-demand testing as well as fully automated testing.
The RCATS solution is supported under two models:
In this model, customers purchase the RCATS probes, test controllers, and SIM servers and operate the solution themselves. Professional services are available to help customers with system integration, configuration, and customer-specific test development.
In this model, VIAVI owns and operates the solution on behalf of the customer as a Managed Service Provider. This subscription-based solution, called RoamerNet®, provides customers the ability to define and execute their desired tests, and retrieve the results through the RoamerNet® Web interface. Tests are performed automatically, but customers can also run their own interactive tests on-demand. RoamerNet® currently covers 750 locations across 60 countries, and this can be easily expanded upon customer request.
- Increases customer satisfaction by reducing the time required to detect customer-impacting problems.
- Reduces operating cost by automating monitoring, testing, and reporting.
- Increases operator visibility of their customers' service quality by providing network-wide, real-time reporting of measurements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Improves consistency of customer experience by monitoring a common set of customer services throughout the entire network footprint.
- Reduces the time and risk to install or modify network infrastructure by providing extensive recursive testing capability.
- Automates service validation testing for voice, data, and messaging services from an end-user perspective.
- Comprehensive solution that supports global wireless protocols for GSM, CDMA, and iDEN networks.
- Web enabled views and reports for assessment of test results and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Enables large scale continuous monitoring of service quality and availability from large numbers of geographically-dispersed locations.
- Graphical development environment to enable the rapid creation of test profiles.
- GSM networks – MI Server virtually loads operator specific SIMs into remote probes located in roaming locations.
- Secure access and control via Web, telnet over Ethernet, dialup, or serial port.