The IFF-7300S Series is a powerful computer based system designed for the test and diagnosis of military avionics, including IFF transponders, interrogators, cryptos, and TACAN transceivers. The IFF-7300S contains all required resources and emulates all signals required to verify proper operation of the Unit Under Test (UUT).
- Tests MARK XIIA IFF transponders and interrogators
- Tests TACAN receiver-transmitters
- Can be configured to test KIV-77 and KIV-78 crypto appliqués
- Large Touch-screen color display
- Manual or automated testing
- Test reports are automatically generated
- Includes industry leading Aeroflex proprietary THORsi Test Executive
Available through your GSA Supplier
This product is controlled for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). A license from the U.S. Department of State is required prior to the export of this product from the United States.
Aircraft emulation and test setup
The IFF-7300S contains all required resources and emulates all necessary signals that the aircraft exerts on the unit under test (UUT)
- No need for an external power supply
- The radio is completely set up and ready for full testing
- Automated return-to-service testing (Level 1 / O-Level)
- Automated module level diagnostics (Level 2 / I-Level)
- Manual mode testing using Cobham AvComm’s proprietary VirtualPanelTM application software
Automated Testing Per OEM Procedures
- Significant time is saved over manual testing
- Automated “test scripts” eliminate possibility of inconsistent testing
- Test reports are automatically stored electronically for future reference
- Traceability of results available for audits
- Ease of use - navigating between test modes is as easy as pushing a button
- Affordable – no need to purchase multiple stations that take up valuable lab space; purchase only the Test Program Sets (TPS) you need today
- Expandable - to add test capability, simply purchase additional TPS’s
- In-house test/repair capability eliminates long delays and reduces number of LRU spares needed
The IFF-7300S-01/02 Test Systems are designed to test IFF Mode 4 UUTs and TACAN receiver-transmitters. The IFF-7300S-03/04 Test Systems are designed to test IFF Mode 5 UUTs and TACAN receiver-transmitters.
The -01 and -03 versions have the DC power supply, needed for testing the majority of UUTs, and the -02 and -04 versions have the AC/DC power supply for UUTs that require AC power, such as the APX-72. Versions -03 and -04 can be expanded to test crypto appliqués by adding an external IFF-45TS.
The IFF-7300S-50 is a dedicated cryptographic appliqué test system configured with two IFF-45TS’s. Automatic UUT control guides the operator through the key load process.
All status flags are displayed simultaneously with red/green indication. Automated back-to-back testing offers significant time savings over manual testing. The system can be expanded to test military IFF and TACAN radios by adding an optional external power supply. The power supply is located externally (outside the rack).
- Height 17.5 in. (44.5 cm)
- Width 19.25 in. (49.5 cm)
- Depth 24.5 in. (62.2 cm)
- Weight 120 lb. (54.4 kg), with DC power supply, 150 lb. (68.0 kg), with AC/DC power supply