The Multiple Application Platform (MAP) Variable Optical Attenuator (mVOA-C1) is optimized for the industry-leading VIAVI MAP-200 platform. Based on the previous-generation Multiple Application Platform (MAP), the MAP-200 is the first photonic layer lab and manufacturing platform that is LAN Extensions for Instrumentation (LXI)-compliant by conforming to the required physical attributes, Ethernet connectivity, and interchangeable virtual instrument (IVI) drivers. The MAP-200 platform is optimized for density and maximum configurability to meet specific application requirements in the smallest possible foot print.
The mVOA-C1 is a stepper motor and filter based attenuator that takes advantage of the latest available technologies to provide the highest performance optical power level control solution with the lowest optical impairments.
- Ultra low insertion loss to minimize loss budget utilization
- High accuracy and high repeatability to reduce measurement uncertainty
- Fast transition speed to reduce testing time
- Flat spectral response to reduce wavelength dependent uncertainty in multi-wavelength applications (CWDM, DWDM)
- Low backreflection to reduce instabilities due to reflected light
- Optional built-in wavelength calibrated power meter reduces the uncertainty by reducing external connections
- High input power capability for EDFA testing and multi-wavelength applications