The UC-584 Series Transponder Antenna Couplers are designed to solve the problem of reliable FAR Part 43 Appendix 'F' ERP (Effective Radiated Power) and transponder MTL (Minimum Trigger Level) testing, in the high multi-path ramp and hangar environments. The innovative design of these couplers include an integral positioning slot ensuring a high level of measurement repeatability is achieved, saving test time.
The UC-584 clamping mechanism is ideal for securing the coupler to the bottom antenna.
The UC-584S allows the operator to safely place the coupler onto the top antenna from the ground or ladder, using a pole, eliminating the need to climb on top of the aircraft.
Available through your GSA Supplier
- Reliable FAR Part 43 Appendix ‘F’ ERP and MTL testing in high multi-path environments
- Provides >20 dB of antenna isolation for Mode S transponder altitude and diversity tests
- Reduces interference with air traffic control and nearby aircraft
- Rugged design for ramp use
- Fits most ‘Shark Fin’ L-Band antennas
- Quick action antenna grip/release action
- Height 5.25 inches (13.3 cm) (max. antenna height is 2.7”)
- Width 5.75 inches (14.6 cm)
- Depth 8.25 inches (20.9 cm)
- Weight 2 lbs (0.9 kg)