It’s a tough balancing act to weigh the time needed to certify fiber during Optical Transport Network (OTN) deployment for services like 10/40/100G Ethernet and CPRI versus the risk of poor or delayed service turn-up or early life service failures. Too much of either increases costs (OpEx), reduces profits and costs time.
To address this balance VIAVI has developed a compact, lightweight module that cuts full bi-directional fiber certification time in half. FiberComplete delivers increased automation, reduced test time, and fewer fiber inspect-and-reconnects.
Features and Benefits
- One Solution – for OTN, Ethernet, CPRI turn-up & troubleshooting and fiber certification
- Single fiber test port - One connection, no extra inspection & connection cycles
- One-touch automated measurements – bi-dir IL, ORL & OTDR certification in under 3 minutes
- Optimizes workflow - compiles test results into one complete view of the cable and automatically stores measurements
- Flexible options for remote field tech support and coaching - Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- Lowest TCO - 3yr standard warranty, only 1 module to calibrate/service
FiberComplete with T-BERD/MTS-5800 is a high-speed, automated solution for a full suite of bi-directional IL, ORL and OTDR testing plus OTN protocol test with on-board .pdf report generation, for practically any type of high speed Ethernet, Ethernet Business services, Cloud RAN and Data Center Interconnect (DCI) deployment, all integrated in one platform.
Viavi is the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing and has been awarded the coveted Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment six years in a row.