The Xgig® 5P8 platform provides protocol analysis for PCIe 5th generation traffic at all layers of the stack. It supports link widths up-to 8-lanes, and link speeds to 32 GT/s. Providing PCIe protocol analysis, exerciser and jamming functions, the Xgig 5P8 Protocol Analyzer expands the family of VIAVI protocol analysis products. Offering multi-link support, VIAVI further reduces customer TCO by allowing chassis access to multiple users simultaneously. Today’s complex, multiprotocol environments need integrated analysis with other interfaces such as Ethernet, SAS, and FC. The Xgig 5P8 connects with other VIAVI protocol analyzers designed for those protocols to provide time correlated multiprotocol views.
The Xgig 5P8 chassis has 128 GB of memory; 64GB for upstream and 64GB for downstream traffic capture. The chassis provides advanced PCIe and NVMe level trigger and search capabilities designed to reduce debug and problem resolution down time. Interposer autotuning greatly simplifies, and speeds system use and enables repeatable capture results.
Please contact your local VIAVI representative for details or find more product options on our PCIe Test Equipment page.
- The VIAVI 5P8 hardware chassis and complementary Xgig software tools support the latest PCIe 5.0 and NVMe specifications.
- Analysis will alert the user to all protocol errors at every layer of the PCIe stack, including state and sub-state level errors within the LTSSM viewer.
- When purchasing the 5P8 platform, also select appropriate analyzer, exerciser and jammer licenses, as well as interposers to fit your specific application requirements.
- 32 GT/s, PCIe 5.0 data rate operation. Fully compatible with other PCIe data rates of 2.5, 5.0, 8.0 and 16.0GTps
- Link widths up to 8-lanes
- Memory segmentation for capture of multiple traces
- Simultaneous two-link, dual port capture is allowed by multiple users
- Host-Client connection for remote debugging using Ethernet, or local debugging using USB
- Decodes all PCIe and NVMe traffic at all layers of the stack including the TLP, DLLP, and PHY layer logic sub-blocks
- Trigger and Search events include training sequences, ordered sets, queue pairs, PRPs, Scatter/ Gather Lists (SGL) etc.
- Cascade up to four Xgig captures into a single trace view
- Full support of LTSSM for analysis
- Field replaceable modular fan and power supply assemblies
- LED’s give quick indicators of power and status
- Works with the VIAVI Xgig software tool suite: Trace Control, Trace View, Expert™, Serialytics™
Repair & Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards